Confused about Kodi interface
I have some local mp3 files that I would like to add into Kodi. (I'm using OSMC on a Raspberry Pi). The interface is very different from the online videos. When I try to add music and click on Browse, it doesn't give me a dialog to look for files. When I click Browse, it takes me to an on-screen keyboard and just has a text box for me to enter information. I tried using the absolute file location, but when I try to play the music it can't find it. How do I add local files?
You would be best to follow this recently created guide... http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Music_Library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks. The diagrams all look different than my version. I have version 17.3. Is there documentation?
OSMC has their own custom skin however the options should still be all the same even though the look and layout maybe different, if you can't work it out using the OSMC skin then switch to Estuary (assuming that is packaged with OSMC) which is the normal Kodi default skin which is what is shown in the wiki (except for the older wiki pages that shown the previous default skin of Confluence). If you can't switch to Estuary and you're still struggling how to do it with the OSMC skin then you'll have to ask over on their forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confused about Kodi interface0