• 20(current)
Beta Night
(2023-10-29, 20:02)viking2 Wrote: Are you pulling the upcoming shows from Sonarr or from anticipation based on the current shows?

No, this is handled by my python addon and will work out-of-the-box with all backends (KODI Library, PlexKodiConnect, EmbyNextGen)
It combines TMDB (next episode date) & TRAKT (airtime, airday, timezone) data to give you an tv schedule for your local timezone.
This screenshot only shows the widget, there will also be a 3 day, 1 week and 1 month tv guide. (screenshot soon)
Do I dare to ask for a progress update............?
Any chance before 2024....?
I'll post an update with some screenshots next week followed by a preview video after my vacation which would be around January 18th.
(and I'm really trying to find the time to work towards a beta release till the end of January)

Merry Christmas everyone!
(2023-12-24, 13:28)bkury Wrote: I'll post an update with some screenshots next week followed by a preview video after my vacation which would be around January 18th.
(and I'm really trying to find the time to work towards a beta release till the end of January)

Merry Christmas everyone!
Merry Christmas to you as well + Happy New Year!
I needed to install Kodi v20.2. Does the current Night version work on v20.2?
(2024-01-04, 07:12)viking2 Wrote: I needed to install Kodi v20.2. Does the current Night version work on v20.2?

It should work but expect some strange behavior when accessing certain features or dialogs.
Just give it a try and send me a PM if you have problems.
Thumbs Down 
I wanted to check out and contribute, but git repo last commit is 4 years ago, while readme says 2.5.2, which is current version. Is it closed source now?
(2024-01-04, 11:53)bkury Wrote:
(2024-01-04, 07:12)viking2 Wrote: I needed to install Kodi v20.2. Does the current Night version work on v20.2?

It should work but expect some strange behavior when accessing certain features or dialogs.
Just give it a try and send me a PM if you have problems.
I was able to get the problem fixed in my old Kodi v18.9, so I am sticking with this version until the new Night version is ready (please, please soon...)
I would also like to eventually contribute with a donation.
However, the link at github, https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/bkury, asks me to log in to PayPal or create a PayPal account. That is strange because with most PayPal.Me links, it is possible to pay directly with a card, even w/o a PayPal account...?
(2024-01-11, 10:39)domodo Wrote: I wanted to check out and contribute, but git repo last commit is 4 years ago, while readme says 2.5.2, which is current version. Is it closed source now?
Current version is v2.5.2
(use the direct download link in my first post, no need to use the dev version on github right now)

A Skin is just plain XML, it can't be "closed source". If by "closed source" you mean that there is currently no public development git repository available you are right. It will be back and actively maintained once OpenHT and Night v3 are released.

(2024-01-11, 10:58)viking2 Wrote: I would also like to eventually contribute with a donation.
However, the link at github, https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/bkury, asks me to log in to PayPal or create a PayPal account. That is strange because with most PayPal.Me links, it is possible to pay directly with a card, even w/o a PayPal account...?
I'm not sure if Paypal changed that, however with the release of OpenHT & Night v3 there will also be a Patreon & Ko-fi page available. So, if you like OpenHT / Night v3 once it's released I would appreciate every support or contribution to this project because as a freelancer it really helps me to spend even more time on it. Thanks!

General Update:
I'm still working on some details, preview video will be available by the end of this month.
Cannot connect to repo.
(2024-01-17, 09:05)roysmith Wrote: Cannot connect to repo.
I forgot to update this repo to work with KODI v20+, thanks for reporting!

Please redownload and install the fixed repo version from my first post or directly from here.
Thanks!

Note:
This version of the skin (v2.5.2) is not optimized for KODI v20+ yet, so expect some UI problems.
Update:
Today I finished the technical stuff for the new tv guide window. UI still needs some work but I'm quite happy with how it turned out.
There will be a 3 days, 7 days, 30 days and a special airdate view available and everything is localized which means all airdates for all tv shows will be in your local timezone.
(see screenshot examples below)

Debug output is enabled to show the additional available infolabels & images to work with.

Screenshot 1 (Weekly):
Localization and timezone set to Europe/Vienna

Screenshot 2 (Weekly):
Localization and timezone set to America/New_York

I'll post another update this month, preview video should be ready by then.
Great that this is progressing!
Screenshots are very nice and I am looking forward to the video - which will show project progress.
However, it will be difficult to evaluate and comment on the Night Skin until we can actually install and test it
Even a beta version would be helpful.
(2024-02-12, 22:33)bkury Wrote: I'll post another update this month, preview video should be ready by then.
Any updates? Preview video and/or beta version?
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night6