• 19(current)
Beta Night
Wow. How have I missed this skin? I really want to try it out! Being able to create your own viewmode sounds epic! I need to go back to the main page and check if it works with Kodi 19. Man, can't wait to try it...and the update coming soon! Smile
I hate to ask this because I feel it's going to be something obvious I am missing. Trying to work out how the "Watched" indicators work. I saw in Appearance where you can set the Overlay opacity. I set it to 100. I do not see anything, though. What am i looking for?
(2022-06-19, 04:51)mystik Wrote: I hate to ask this because I feel it's going to be something obvious I am missing. Trying to work out how the "Watched" indicators work. I saw in Appearance where you can set the Overlay opacity. I set it to 100. I do not see anything, though. What am i looking for?

Not sure if I understand you correctly but if you are talking about the "Viewmode settings --> Appearance (Options) --> Watched (Opacity)" feature :

This works similar to the "Hide Watched" feature but it will instead only change the opacity of watched content (poster image/title)
e.g. try to set it to 20% and you should notice that images/title of media you have already watched are "faded out".

Is that what you meant?

"Watched" indicators and other overlays can also be added/configured via "Viewmode settings --> Appearance --> Overlay #1-4" and you can also change their color/opacity via "Skin settings --> Color --> Overlay".
(2022-06-19, 14:43)bkury Wrote:
(2022-06-19, 04:51)mystik Wrote: I hate to ask this because I feel it's going to be something obvious I am missing. Trying to work out how the "Watched" indicators work. I saw in Appearance where you can set the Overlay opacity. I set it to 100. I do not see anything, though. What am i looking for?

Not sure if I understand you correctly but if you are talking about the "Viewmode settings --> Appearance (Options) --> Watched (Opacity)" feature :

This works similar to the "Hide Watched" feature but it will instead only change the opacity of watched content (poster image/title)
e.g. try to set it to 20% and you should notice that images/title of media you have already watched are "faded out".

Is that what you meant?

"Watched" indicators and other overlays can also be added/configured via "Viewmode settings --> Appearance --> Overlay #1-4" and you can also change their color/opacity via "Skin settings --> Color --> Overlay".

Thank you.  Sounds like I got the info I needed there.  Appreciate the assist!  Smile
Any new updates
Hi all! It's been a while, I just wanted to post an update about what's going on with this project.
I've been busy working on an update for a while now. In the last months I realized that some of my ideas can only be achieved with an additional python addon, while some other features would require me to build my own KODI package.

So, here is an overview of the stuff I'm currently working on:

Skin (Night v2.6)
  • Some re-design, more options and features, KODI Nexus ready, Support for my addon & OpenHT, ..

Addon (plugin.universal.data)
  • Access to news (top stories, sports, technology, science, ..) for 6 different countries (also available as a widget)
  • Access to TMDB, Trakt and other lists (Trending, Top Movies, Top TV, Upcoming, In Theaters, ..) (also available as a widget)
  • Uses Skin XML format, so you can easily create/include your own content via xml file or URL
  •  
  • API
  • Skin service/extension (Extend media metadata with ratings, artwork, keywords, reviews and more)
  • Upcoming TV / Next Aired widget for your library
  • TV Themes
  • Text to Speech (WIP)

OpenHT (Open Home Theater)
  • This is an all-in-one KODI Nexus package which already includes my skin, addon, setup screen, built-in plexkodiconnect & emby support and much more.
  • Packages will be available for Windows, Android and Linux (Ubuntu/Debian)

There is still a lot of work to do but I'm going to update this thread more often. As for an actual release date, expect something like 2-3 months from now.
Your plan is very ambitious, in particular for a 2.6 version!
Would it be possible to leave out some time consuming features for version 2.7 (or 3.0)?
Is there anyway of keeping the music now playing onscreen untill triggered off just showing song upnext now playing?
Any updates..?
Hi bkury,
Are you still working on this or was it too much work to complete?
Thanks!
(2023-07-23, 23:54)viking2 Wrote: Are you still working on this or was it too much work to complete?
Thanks!
Yes, I'm still working on it. The API is finally almost done, now I'm currently finishing up the setup & upcoming tv dialogs which will take me about 2 weeks.
I'll post some screenshots and possibly a demo video with all the new features after that!

In the meantime, if someone is interested in creating a nice looking logo/icon/background for my project (OpenHT), feel free to send me your suggestions and/or PM me for more information.
(2023-08-09, 14:38)bkury Wrote: In the meantime, if someone is interested in creating a nice looking logo/icon/background for my project (OpenHT), feel free to send me your suggestions and/or PM me for more information.

Sorry, I don't have the artistic skills for that, but I wish that I could help you with your excellent skin.
Kodi absolutely needs it!
People need to find out about it.
(2023-08-09, 14:38)bkury Wrote:
(2023-07-23, 23:54)viking2 Wrote: Are you still working on this or was it too much work to complete?
Thanks!
Yes, I'm still working on it. The API is finally almost done, now I'm currently finishing up the setup & upcoming tv dialogs which will take me about 2 weeks.
I'll post some screenshots and possibly a demo video with all the new features after that!
Has it been 2 weeks yet ;-)
(2023-10-26, 20:09)viking2 Wrote: Has it been 2 weeks yet ;-)

That was a week at most ;-) but in the meantime, have a screenshot!
I'll edit this post and add some more in the upcoming days, still finishing up the setup screen and EMBY (Next Gen) support which took me longer than expected™

I am so much looking forward to this skin! Nice screenshot. Are you pulling the upcoming shows from Sonarr or from anticipation based on the current shows?
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night6