Rebuild Image Cache (Without Deleting Texture.db)?
I've been searching for a few days now and am totally lost. I have a heck of a time updating images. I used to manually change them view downloaded artwork (Artwork Downloader) using the built in context menus..but man it is tedious.

I found MediaElch which lets you change the local art easily - the issue is Kodi will not reload the new art without completely rescraping or deleting texture.db (sp) file.

Is there still no other way to do this after all these years? It's probably the most frustrating thing I have always felt about Kodi which usually ends up with me quitting in frustration.

tl;dr - how can I make Kodi re-cache local artwork, aside from delete the textures db file.

Thanks in advance.
In my signature is a link to Artwork. You might find your answers in there.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I just read it earlier, maybe I missed something, I will look again Sad

So basically that's the only way still..so frustrating that no viable solution has been created since forever ago..but it is what it is I guess.

I saw the Texture Cache script but it was beyond me to use.

Thanks.
Ah, my mistake. I misread your post and missed the "new" bit. Thought you just wanted to clear out your old files and still show existing artwork. Those pages will tell you how to update individual moves and tv shows. It won't show you an automated process to update hundreds or thousands of movies at once.

I suppose there is good reason to not implement such a function... If it was easily accessible, it would crash the servers of TVDB and TMDB with the numerous requests to update hundreds or thousands of movie artwork by each user.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-10-29, 05:46)Karellen Wrote: Ah, my mistake. I misread your post and missed the "new" bit. Thought you just wanted to clear out your old files and still show existing artwork. Those pages will tell you how to update individual moves and tv shows. It won't show you an automated process to update hundreds or thousands of movies at once.

I suppose there is good reason to not implement such a function... If it was easily accessible, it would crash the servers of TVDB and TMDB with the numerous requests to update hundreds or thousands of movie artwork by each user.

Ah, I guess that makes sense.

Yeah usually I just update certain ones inside Kodi..but it can be very clunky...and I had a whole bunch (and movie sets) I wanted to edit locally and only..but I could not figure out how to do it other than delete the db file.

I didn't see in there how to update specific ones either.. I guess I will just have to delete the db.

I see the refresh option though, I will try that..although not very convenient if you have to refresh 15 different items (or more)

But might work anyway. It didn't seem to refresh the art though. I think my solution is to keep my scrapers on local always, use my media program (mediaelch in this case) to update my databases (as when I add new things) and then just set my art before having Kodi cache that stuff in. Is another step each time I add things..but at least will give me the results I need.

Thanks for the help - I had hoped there was a new solution since years ago but oh well - it is what it is Smile
Quote:I didn't see in there how to update specific ones either.. I guess I will just have to delete the db.

Hang on. Just explain why you are deleting the db... That is a drastic move. What are you trying to achieve doing this? What are the "specific ones". Are you referring to individual movies or something else?

---Edit---
Did you read Section 2 and 2.1?
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rebuild Image Cache (Without Deleting Texture.db)?0