v17 TV not autoswitching framerate until I select an alternative monitor
OK, so this is a weird one... I have been running 15.2 for nearly 2 years. Everything is working perfectly. The TV autoswitched framerates perfectly. I have upgraded to the stock Ubuntu 17.5. The system works perfectly EXCEPT for autoswitching framerates - at least on first use. The symptoms:

If I start kodi, I can play as many videos as I like and autoswitching of framerates does not work. If I navigate to Settings->System->Display->Monitor and select the other of the two settings I have (I only have "Default" and "HDMI2"), the screen briefly flickers and I get a message "Do you want to accept the changes". Selecting yes, and then playing video and framerate switching is back to working perfectly. Quitting and restarting and we are back to framerate not autoswitching until I go and select a different monitor out. It doesn't matter which Monitor is selected, they will both autoswitch after the other monitor has been selected. Interestingly, if I'm in the first boot mode and the system is not autoswitching, when I get the "Do you want to accept the changes" popup I can press No and autoswitching is againworking. I don't need to make the change permanent - it's like the act of selecting a differenmt monitor triggers something else to be set. Anyone any ideas? 

Logs: http://paste.ubuntu.com/25850413/ this is cold boot -> play a video (autoswitching doesn't work) -> into settings to change monitor -> play same video (autoswitching working). System is an i3-4330 running intel graphics and 14.04LTS
Well, I've found out why this is happening, now need to determine the root cause. The adjust refresh happens in the function void CRenderManager::UpdateResolution() in xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer/VideoRenderers/RenderManager.cpp. Putting some debug in and when first booting the system it appears that g_graphicsContext.IsFullScreenRoot() is false, even though kodi is full screen. It appears that selecting a different display forces g_graphicsContext.IsFullScreenRoot() to be true. I have a slightly more complex startup so that may be the issue. The box boots direct to kodi, but it does this via lightdm->openbox and openbox starts up kodi as an application rather than lightdm starting it directly. Does this give anyone any clues as to where to look next? I'll keep digging, but if someone can point me in the right direction, it would be good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV not autoswitching framerate until I select an alternative monitor0