Way to see which folders specifically are scanned?
I have a massive library. I am trying to find a way to see specifically what folders on my computer Kodi is scanning during a library update. I would also like to see which folders specifically I have told Kodi to ignore during updates.

I know I can go one folder at a time, but that would take me days.

I asked on reddit, but as usual they were very unhelpful. I found a thread on another forum that said this could be found in the log, but there was nothing relevant to what I am looking for in the log.

I just need a way to see specifically what paths on my external hard drives are being scanned. As I said, there are hundreds of folders that I have added to my library and I dont want to have to go one by one to see which are being scanned and which are being ignored.
Hello TheWiggz

When you say hundreds of folders, do you mean movie folders or Sources?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I've usually added TV Shows one folder/show at a time over the years, instead of just adding an entire Hard drive because of the variety of things on my hard drives.

Ive also set some folders to be be ignored after adding the content from the folders because some older shows won't have new content.

Currently Im having to go through Kodi and go to Files and right click on each folder, click change content and see whether or not that folder is set to be scanned or ignored. And there are a lot of folders.
enable debug logging, run a library update, then check your log. it will show you what folders its stepped through to see if there are any changes.
(2017-10-31, 13:46)helta Wrote: enable debug logging, run a library update, then check your log.  it will show you what folders its stepped through to see if there are any changes.

Perfection.

Thank you very much. Exactly what I was looking for.
Still didn't clearly answer my question, but it sounds like you have set a Source for each movie.

It will work, but not the recommended way of setting up your library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Way to see which folders specifically are scanned?0