Wip - live tv freezes
Hi,

With Librelec 8.0.2, i get random freezes when i change tv channel. The latest picture of the video stays on the screen, and i have to restart kodi.
I use vnsi and vdr.
It doesnt happened if i downgrade to 8.0.0 ...

Here the log : well, wait till i can reproduce again and have a log without forbiden addon
Will come back soon
 bibi
Code:
18:55:30.590 T:1961787856   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in plugin.video.SportsDevil has been installed.'

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. This thread will remain open for a maximum of 3 days. If a clean log is not submitted, then the thread will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Here the log :
http://sprunge.us/WXWb

What i can add is that it happens also with tv records.
Hi bibi

I've reported the same problem before but it has been very hard to debug. The log file you show is consistent with my findings. Once this message get into the log, kodi freezes when the stream stops.

Code:
00:59:33.292 T:1368490912   ERROR: CMMALVideo::dec_control_port_cb Error (status=3 EINVAL)

I was only able to reproduce this once with debug activated, but I couldn't get much help.

I have a feeling that this could be somehow fixed by a backport of PR #12817, but since the PR doesn't apply directly on Krypton I won't be able to do it, maybe @FernetMenta can have a look and apply the same logic ?

This started happening to me since I've upgraded to either 17.1 or 17.2 (can't recall now), but I'm 100% sure that with 17.0 I didn't have any problem at all.
Thanks for the info KlotX, will try latest milhouse build.
What i dont understand is why it doesnt happen with my raspberry 2 and only with the 3...
(2017-11-03, 11:22)bibi Wrote: Thanks for the info KlotX, will try latest milhouse build.
What i dont understand is why it doesnt happen with my raspberry 2 and only with the 3...

Maybe I'm just going to say something that is completely illogical, but anyway.

With debug on I can't reproduce the problem, but debug off I get it like 3-4 times a day, if not more. Which makes me believe that this is a race condition triggering a dead lock and debug, by making kodi running slower, is enough not to trigger it. So maybe, running on a slower machine (Pi 2) can fall into a similar situation as in the pi3 with debug on.

I might be, and most probably am, 100% wrong on this Smile Don't take my word for a fact.
Well, just tried latest kodi git and, i get too much issues to even test ^^.
One among a lot :
Play a tvchannel - open the osd pvr which gives you other channels (pvrosdguide i think) -try to change channel -doesnt work 😀.
But the new splash screen is really nice, and now i know that i can choose which libreelec version to use in the librelec addon (it propose you between all lateqt version, nice addition libreelec team !)
And by the way your scenario sounds pretty logical, even if kind of crazy ^^
Im back on 17.0 and everything works again.
Hope it will be fix in V18...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wip - live tv freezes0