Newbie - Couple Questions about Syncing (MovieSets and Some art)
So I got everything set up, works so well! (this post has been edited multiple times..I added lines showing which sections I've figured out just to make it less confusing)

---Solved---
The only issue I am having so far is the MovieSet artowork didn't sync in Kodi..is it supposed to? (Do I need to install Movieset Artwork Automator?)
EDIT: I guess that The Automator is what "sets" the images (caches them)..seems to be working (I think) however a few collections it didn't apply the fanart for some reason..and a couple collections it didn't apply anything (I know it worked because the collection name changed)

EDIT 2: I think I solved this, I moved my artwork folder to my local computer instead of network, cleared my caches and then re-ran the automator..all is working now Smile
---End Solved---

----Semi Solved?---
Also my clearart and logo art is not showing either. My assumption is that I might need to delete my textures13.db and folder because they may be linking to the wrong place now?
Or do I need to re-run artwork downloader? \
(EDIT: This was fixed by deleting my textures13.db and removing my old incorrect art and resyncing)
Actually, it still doesn't display all the logos..seems like I have to run Artwork Downloader to make those show up (which of course is only working because it's downloading new images and caching them)
Under File Naming for movies and TV do I need to enable Artwork Downloader and Kodi? Or just Kodi? confused by those options.
It seems like Kodi doesn't automatically read files named "MovieName-poster.jpg" etc..but expects the normal ArtworkDownloader files named "poster.jpg" so it seems the Kodi Interface images for movies doesn't work..?
I think I solved it by adding in File Naming <filename>-poster.jpg etc. Looks like it might be working now.

I unchecked Artwork Downloader so I do not have to use that anymore and only use EMM.
----End Semi Solved---

----Solved---
Also, my TMM install I was using before was using artwork like "poster.jpg" whereas EMM is using like "moviename-poster.jpg"

Should I remove all the old artwork TMM was using? (not sure if it might be fouling up something) (I think the answer is no because EMM might be renaming the "chosen" file to those names for recaching?)
I think for Movies it's using the new naming structure (moviename-poster.jpg) but I think for TV it's still using "poster.jpg" is that right?
EDIT: I removed the uneeded ones from the movies, this solved my semi issues with logo scraping and such
----End Solved---

So many questions Big Grin
First, check the Overview of filenames in Ember and Kodi to understand which file names are used by Kodi, Ember, AD (ArtworkDownloader) and MSAA (MovieSet Artwork Automator).

If you use the KI (Kodi Interface) to sync the additional, not out-of-the-box supported by Kodi images you don't need AD and MSAA. The KI do the same like this addons, but in a proper way ;-)
The reason why there are also "default file names" for AD and MSAA are the deviations from the default file name structure "<filename>-imagetype.ext" of Kodi. AD e.g. can't read "<filename>-imagetype.ext", only "imagetype.ext".

The KI can also sync resp. write the image path for moviesets to the Kodi database. For this you have to set the "Kodi MovieSet Artwork Path" also in the KI host settings:

Here it's important, that you use a path that the Kodi clients can see and access, also that you write the protocol (smb, ftp, nfs...) at the beginning. If you use more than one Kodi client with MySQL you have to use a path that any client can see. For this it's important that you move the movieset artwork folder to the NAS.
The odd thing is what worked seems to be the opposite of what you say. I originally had my MovieSetArtwork folder on my server, on the movies drive, but it wasn't working.

I moved them to my local computer (where Kodi is) and then it started working. However the change that made it work was adding in the expert settings, which I thought weren't needed. Maybe I got it all working now (I hope!!)

One last question for now - how do I update the library in EMM? Like when new episodes are DL..I have to manually refresh it or what? I made the mistake of hitting "Update Library" to try to get it to detect a show that just downloaded and that ran for like 30 minutes through my whole library lol.
So what is the normal process for updating (any way to make it auto?) when new shows or movies download?)

Should I still use the Update Automatically option in kodi (when starting Kodi) or is that now redundant using EMM?
Click the arrow to the right of update library and choose TV shows for it to only check TV shows. If the show is already scraped in your db, just updating will fetch new episodes info/artwork. If it's a new SHOW, then you will need to update and then scrape.
Ah, okay, gotcha. So it won't auto scrape a newly added show.
You can if you run it via cmdline which is how I prefer to scrape everything. There's a sticky with cmd line usage: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228652
(2017-11-03, 00:15)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: You can if you run it via cmdline which is how I prefer to scrape everything.  There's a sticky with cmd line usage: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228652

When I just hit update>TV Shows it didn't scrape the new added episode..I had to manually scrape it.

But I will look into command line..I really want to figure out a way to automate it..because I may dl 10 shows in a night during some parts of the year lol.
(2017-11-03, 01:14)NewYears1978 Wrote: When I just hit update>TV Shows it didn't scrape the new added episode..I had to manually scrape it.

A new episode will always (and only) automatically scraped if the tv show itself has a known unique ID (TVDB/TMDB/IMDB).
(2017-11-03, 01:56)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-11-03, 01:14)NewYears1978 Wrote: When I just hit update>TV Shows it didn't scrape the new added episode..I had to manually scrape it.

A new episode will always (and only) automatically scraped if the tv show itself has a known unique ID (TVDB/TMDB/IMDB).

It did - Blacklist

I looked at command line..but I suck lol I would have no idea all what I need to get up in there to make it all work =D

What happens if you keep update Kodi on startup on, it will read those new episodes then how will EMM handle that (or will they just not be sync'd up)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie - Couple Questions about Syncing (MovieSets and Some art)0