v17 Audio shutter, stop and sometime video fastfoward by 1sec.
Hey,

Been using KODI quite some time (xmbc). Currently Im having problem.
When ever Im watching movies/episodes inside Kodi I get those strange sound problem:
- sound cut of for few seconds (no sound)
- sound disperser and reaper very quick so its like shuttering
- movie move forward by 1-2 seconds by its self (and I see bottom menu then)

debug.log https://pastebin.com/8b24iPb1

No matter if I use 17.5 or nightly
Windows 7 x64
mobo: ASUS H87-PRO
audio: Realtek® ALC887 driver: 6.0.1.8186
intel audio driver: 6.16.0.3174

No matter what audio output I pick I have same results: hdmi to TV (LG) or fiber SPDIF to AVR

No matter if I pick WSAPI, DirectSound same results
No matter if I make passtru or change sound optimalization (best match, optimize) or sampling (best, medium, fast)
Each time I test something I restart pc.

I didn't had this problem in past (few update ago)

The most important information is that same file played with anything else (mpc-hc, vlc) with same audio output as Kodi results in no problem at all. 

In the sample in debug.log the audio shutter at about: 6:30, 8:25, 18:07 those are random I checked few time, audio break at random time.
I remamber reading wiki about realtek issues once I read I shouldn't use realtek drivers other say I should use latest.

Could you guys help me pin-point the culprit of my issue ? Its killing the htpc experience as is.
Update: I recheck that I have exclusive mode on audio outputs. Then I tried with WSAPI (and I could Confirm that Kodi use it as I was unable to enter 'configuration' page on Volume Mixer for that device as I had exclusive info popup).
I tried with FIXED mode in Kodi Audio settings and also with LOW (Fast) resample setting.

Is there some kind of tool that would show me what audio process looks like (process name that use it or want to access, but I dont think its that problem).

From logs I see that when error pop ups it enumerate DirectSound asn WASAPI devices... but why ?

PHP Code:
CMMNotificationClient::OnDeviceStateChanged: New device state is DEVICE_STATE_NOTPRESENT
:26:31.660 T:1136   DEBUGCActiveAE device change event 

I even tried to remove all BT devices that were connected to this machine.
I was almost sure that the root of this problem was Chinese BT dongle... because after removing it phisicly those shutters want away... but they came back after a day...

In the end I found out that SamsonGo (microphone with jack ouput - basicly a alike sound card) was messing things out, its been second day after removing both (bt and mic) and there was no issue.

It would be awesome with those problems if there were small application that would notice in log/popup the device name that refresh sound related things.

Im posting this for others to find out, because not everyone will get help on official kodi forum

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio shutter, stop and sometime video fastfoward by 1sec.0