MySQL vs Embry, vs UPnP
I am just looking to gather some information.  I am planning on setting up one of these things to share content across multiple devises.  What I am trying to figure out is what are the advantages/disadvantages to each solution.   I only really need it for Local Area Network as I don't plan on accessing my stuff outside my house.  I do want to be able to start playback in one room and then continue in an other.  I want the best Kodi integrated solution.  So, I just need to know what does each of these solutions offers and what are the limits of each.

Thanks
Thread moved to OS independent
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I use MySQL and default Kodi. It works for me. I know that external subtitles have not supported been by UPnP/DLNA up to now (not sure if subtitles are necessary for you).
I gave Emby a try and found it to use more resources than MySQL.

I have a simple Linux server with external drives for the content, which are shared using NFS and MySQL to tie it all together.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=275081

It is totally reliable .
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL vs Embry, vs UPnP0