Problems starting Kodi on Fire stick
Hi everyone,

apart from removing and reinstalling I am lost. On my fire stick (older version) I used to have kodi 16 running without a problem. When I upgraded to 17.4 it sometimes would not start without rebooting the stick.

Now I upgraded to 17.5.1 in the hope things would get better but now it won't start at all anymore. In the hope to not lose all my favourites in my addons I am hoping someone has a solution for me. All it does is jump back to the Firestick homepage

My kodi.log:
*mod-edit*
Please don't plaster your clipped kodi.log directly onto our forum. Use websites like pastebin.com or paste.ubuntu.com, and then share the URL here.
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Ok, happy to remove them, but how do I remove add-ons when I cannot even start the program?
If you have access via a file manager then you can go in and manually remove them.

If not then you'll need to reset or reinstall Kodi. Let us know if you have file manager access and we can take it from there.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
i have FileZilla access (this is how I got my log)

I also downloaded adbll35 but unfamiliar with the working.
With Kodi shut down and not running, find one of these folders (one or other should exist):

/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/

Note that the lowest level one (.kodi) is by default a hidden folder, so you may need to turn on viewing hidden files and folders to be able to see it.

In that folder you should find a sub-folder called addons. In there you'll find further sub-folders, a separate one for each add-on you have installed. Delete the ones for the addons you want to remove, and that will remove the add-on from Kodi.

Alternatively if you want to completely reset Kodi, delete or move the whole .kodi folder and then when you restart you'll be on a completely factory-fresh vanilla installation without any add-ons or settings (kodi will rebuild the folder on first restart afterwards).

Kodi Blog Posts
Ok, guessing I will remove and re-install. If the problem remains I will pastebin my log
If you have access to it, try going to the app information and clearing the cache and app data. On Android that should also reset everything to factory vanilla.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems starting Kodi on Fire stick0