Using KODI in Germany
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Amazon firestick, and all of the Internet suggested that if i want to get the most out of it, i should install KODI. and so i did.

But i am not sure about the legality of most of the services that i want to use.

I just want to be able to stream legal TV and radio content from Germany, and preferably other countries too. I already have a Netflix and amazon prime account. I just want my TV to feel like a TV, where it just plays in the background, where i could just flip through channels, and curse at adverts. 

Is anyone from Germany using KODI? Can you recommend/suggest and addons that stream legal content?

P.S.  Is there any adult stuff addon on KODI? i m purely asking for educational and curiosity reasons.
We do not support piracy here, you are welcome to search elsewhere.

There is a netflix addon, with better support coming in Kodi 18.

There are plenty of addons which you can try out, look in your addons list under video addons. Some are german based.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-11-10, 08:26)nickr Wrote: We do not support piracy here, you are welcome to search elsewhere.

There is a netflix addon, with better support coming in Kodi 18.

There are plenty of addons which you can try out, look in your addons list under video addons. Some are german based.

I think i wrote Legal a couple of times in my post....
all the addons from the official repository are legal?
Yes.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
There are several German TV add-ons in the official repo, plus we have many users (and indeed many Team Kodi members) based in Germany.

See Category:Video add-ons (wiki) for the video add-ons list, or just look in the official repo of your install.

From a quick look over it we have 3sat-mediathek, 7TV, ARD mediathek, Das Erste Mediathek , DMAX.de, Fernsehkritik TV , Giga.de, KiKa Mediathek, MDR Mediathek , MTV.de, MySpass.de, NDR Mediathek , Netzkino.de , Nickelodeon.de , Spiegel.tv, SR Mediathek, SWR Mediathek, Tele5.de, TLC.de plus probably a load of others that I've missed or don't recognise (as I'm not German).

A lot of the video media add-ons are geo-locked to their countries (by the media providers), so the above should work with a German IP address, but some of the other ones from other countries may not if your IP address does not match the country of course (e.g. you won't be able to use the BBC iPlayer add-on with a German IP address as it needs a UK one).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Since @DarrenHill already covered TV, all that is left for me to say is that streaming radio is simple by using the plugin Radio or use any of the addons this simple search yielded.
Kodinerds Repo

Kodnerds.net

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using KODI in Germany0