Solved Watched/Unwatched Overlays
Hiya Gade....

Love the skin.  Unfortunately my current setup has a 43" TV, 18 feet (~5M) from the couch.  This means when I look at a list of TV Shows, it's almost impossible to see if a show has been watched or unwatched.  I read a post ( https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213780 ) where for a previous version (2 1/2 years ago), I could change OverlaySD.png , overlaySDAlt.png etc. to make them more visible.  I can't seem to find these files in the latest version of Rapier (10.5.12).  In the post, you say that they are under skin.rapier/media, but I don't see them.

I can fumble my way through linux, so I have SSHed into my box and under ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.rapier all I see is a empty directory Themes and a settings.xml.  Where are the *png files stored?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I know that you must be extremely busy answering all these nuisance posts.

Thanks

Greg
pngs are gone, all font related now.
Damn, that means I can't change the watched/unwatched visibility.

Oh well, figured I was SOL.
Hiya borghead.

I think skybird misunderstands.

Home screen categories are font related, but that's not what you're asking. Smile

In the official and development version all images used in the skin are compressed into a file called Textures.xbt and the themes red.xbt, orange.xbt and flat.xbt.

You can absolutely do what the old post suggests. To do that, you need to download all images from the media folder in Github (https://github.com/gade01/Rapier/tree/master/media) and put them in your local skin.rapier/media folder. Replace the overlays with your custom overlays and you're done.

If you use another theme than the default, you have to do this differently.

Remember that all content in your local skin.rapier folder is replaced each time the skin is updated. And I highly recommend keeping the skin updated at all times.
Awesome!  You da man, Gade.

It took me a little while to figure out pscp so that I could edit Views.xml.  Initially, I tried using vi in Putty, but found it so frustrating (thankfully I learnt the command :q! , so I didn't mess up the Views.xml).  Anyways, copied the necessary files from GitHub, edited the Views.xml and it all worked like a charm.  Wrote lots of notes for next time when the skin gets updated.

Thanks Gade.

Greg
Hi Greg.

Great. Really glad you got it worked out.

You can make a backup of the skin, so it's easier to copy your modified code into the official version each time it's updated. Just give your backup a different addon ID and skin name in addon.xml

Let me know if you have other questions.

I'll mark this thread as solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watched/Unwatched Overlays0