• 12(current)
v18 Grid for Leia
Hi guys,

I like the Grid skin better than any of the others I've seen and have been trying to install it for a few days with no luck and lots of frustrations. So far I've tried 2 things:

1. Tried moving the zip file to my stick (using a Mac) but no method seems to work for this at all. I tried the adblink app which didn't work and also tried a direct download link which also didn't work (didn't expect this method to work but tried it anyway). 

2. I have Kodi on my Mac which works fine and I can access the Grid .zip install file and attempt to install it. 1 of 2 things happens when I install from zip - either the notification says "installing..." and just disappears with no confirmation it was installed, or I get the "Failed to Install". PS: I've edited the xml file as instructed above.

If anyone could chime in with some suggestions or solution I would appreciate it as I'd love to install the Grid skin.

Thanks.
Try this link someone posted in a another post. I had similar issues, but this one worked.
I would like to install GRID in Kodi 18. But I canʼt find it. Is there not Grid for Windows (normally I use Kodi on an raspberry, but I want to test it a little bit before installing on the raspberry). The repository has no Grid (there are really very few skins). Can anybody help?
With the »normal way« I mean installing from the repository. This is not possible. When I try it. there is no Grid in the repository. So the question is why?

EDIT: What I did in the meantime:

1. I uninstalled an reinstalled Kodi 18 (64). No Grid in the repositpory. I diownloaded the ZIP-File -> installation not possible because of some depemndency (didnʼt understand)
2. I uninstalled Kodi an installed Kodi 18 (32). No Grid in the repositpory. I diownloaded the ZIP-File -> installation not possible because of some depemndency (didnʼt understand)

Is there another possibility? Or is ot just impossible to use Grid with Kodi 18 on Windows?
You have to edit the dependency information for the xbmc.gui variable located in the addon.xml. Someone earlier in the thread provided a download with this information already edited. However, you also need to manually download and install the addons listed as dependencies there.
I have been a (fuse) neue for a long time now and I have just seen Grid!  I love it already and it is a shame that there is no more development on it. I might even try my hand at some to get it back up and running!
(2019-04-08, 01:10)djr_fox Wrote: I have been a (fuse) neue for a long time now and I have just seen Grid!  I love it already and it is a shame that there is no more development on it. I might even try my hand at some to get it back up and running!

Thats sounds great! I absolutely love grid. It mostly works, but there are a few things that need fixing. One thing that comes to mind is that its set up for Artwork Downloader, which no longer works in Leia, instead of Artwork Beef. Another thing that kind of bugs me is the play/resume screen. The "Play Trailer" option is at the top and is the first selected. IMHO, it should go in the order: Resume, Play, Trailer.

Another thing that doesn't work consistently is skip-scrolling in some views. In landscape view, when you movie the cursor selection all the way to the right and press up or down. It should be skipping a few pages at a time so you can quickly scroll through a large library.
(2019-04-08, 15:04)desepticon Wrote:
(2019-04-08, 01:10)djr_fox Wrote: I have been a (fuse) neue for a long time now and I have just seen Grid!  I love it already and it is a shame that there is no more development on it. I might even try my hand at some to get it back up and running!

Thats sounds great! I absolutely love grid. It mostly works, but there are a few things that need fixing. One thing that comes to mind is that its set up for Artwork Downloader, which no longer works in Leia, instead of Artwork Beef. Another thing that kind of bugs me is the play/resume screen. The "Play Trailer" option is at the top and is the first selected. IMHO, it should go in the order: Resume, Play, Trailer.

Another thing that doesn't work consistently is skip-scrolling in some views. In landscape view, when you movie the cursor selection all the way to the right and press up or down. It should be skipping a few pages at a time so you can quickly scroll through a large library. 

I have to say that there are some stunning skins out there and I completely understand that there is not one solution to all! The beauty of the skins are the ideas from the beholder!  BTW I have never coded or tried skinning before so you will have to bear with me!
Hi Jeroen
Grid looks great, I’d very much like to use it. I cannot download it to Leia on Windows. Grid is not in Kodi repo, Kodi is not communicating/connecting to your repo and the 2.3.5 zip fails to install the skin. Please can you offer guidance?
Kind regards
Guy
(2019-04-11, 14:15)GK8010 Wrote: Hi Jeroen
Grid looks great, I’d very much like to use it. I cannot download it to Leia on Windows. Grid is not in Kodi repo, Kodi is not communicating/connecting to your repo and the 2.3.5 zip fails to install the skin. Please can you offer guidance?
Kind regards
Guy

Check earlier threads here. There is a dependency entry that needs to be altered. Another user here has provider a download with the fix already included. Don't expect help from the author, as he has abandoned this skin. It mostly works though and has become my favorite skin as of late.

edit: Here is the link.
Pity he has abandoned Grid.
Thank you for your help!
(2019-04-11, 23:17)GK8010 Wrote: Pity he has abandoned Grid.
Thank you for your help!

FYI you will need to download a lot of the dependencies manually. Checkout the info.xml file.
Thank you for following up with more advice! I did not need to download dependencies. I used the link from your reply; installed from zip. I’ve got Grid on my Leia now.
(2019-04-11, 23:47)GK8010 Wrote: Thank you for following up with more advice! I did not need to download dependencies. I used the link from your reply; installed from zip. I’ve got Grid on my Leia now.

Right, but there are optional dependencies that provide more functionality:

Here they are:
Quote:        <import addon="resource.uisounds.grid" version="0.0.1"/>
        <import addon="script.grab.fanart" version="0.14.1"/>
        <import addon="script.skin.helper.service" version="1.0.11"/>
        <import addon="script.skinshortcuts" version="1.0.11"/>
        <import addon="script.watchlist" version="0.0.1"/>
        <import addon="script.skin.helper.widgets" version="1.0.0"/>
        <import addon="script.skin.helper.backgrounds" version="1.0.21"/>
Great stuff, thank you. I’ll have to find a tutorial on how to use what you’ve written in your last. I’m a basic end user...
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Leia3