• 3(current)
v18 Grid for Leia
Hi Jeroen,

sorry, I'm a bit confused, when I select Favourites with Horizon It automatically defaults to the correct aspect ratio. or am I selecting the incorrect settings for Grid

Horizon example: Music and movie

Grid

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
The aspect ratio is correct, but because of the varying types of artwork the dimensions of the space allocated to the artwork doesn't always suit the specific artwork type.

Horizon allocates a square space regardless of the type of artwork, hence the gray frame around the 12 monkeys poster. Doing this in Grid will result in things like Image

which to me is worse than one window having this problem.

In the favourites window it is impossible to adapt the dimensions of the artwork based on what type of artwork is being shown (aside from treating everything the same resulting in the above), as Kodi does not provide the skin with information about the content type, like it does in other windows. This is also why in the favourites window you are not seeing metadata like you see in other windows.
(2018-01-31, 13:13)Jeroen Wrote: The aspect ratio is correct, but because of the varying types of artwork the dimensions of the space allocated to the artwork doesn't always suit the specific artwork type.

Horizon allocates a square space regardless of the type of artwork, hence the gray frame around the 12 monkeys poster. Doing this in Grid will result in things like Image

which to me is worse than one window having this problem.

In the favourites window it is impossible to adapt the dimensions of the artwork based on what type of artwork is being shown (aside from treating everything the same resulting in the above), as Kodi does not provide the skin with information about the content type, like it does in other windows. This is also why in the favourites window you are not seeing metadata like you see in other windows.
Ok, I understand now. Amazing skin but limited because of Kodi.
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
Hi Jeroen,
Would it be possible to implement tv show info: Returning Series/ End

Thanks
(2018-01-26, 11:55)buxtonlad Wrote: Hi. Loving the clean interface. I wonder if it would be possible to utilise the animated lyrics within the skin? With that in mind perhaps make the artist picture full screen also?

+1
Hi,

thank you very much for this fantastic skin. Is it possible to stop the menu scrolling? I didn't found an option.

Greetings Kaloschke
(2018-02-01, 05:31)Blurayx Wrote: Would it be possible to implement tv show info: Returning Series/ End

Not possible to do this in a way this would fit in Grid because add-on provided infolabels like these can only be used outside of list controls.
(2018-02-02, 20:33)kaloschke Wrote: Hi,

thank you very much for this fantastic skin. Is it possible to stop the menu scrolling? I didn't found an option.

Greetings Kaloschke

Thank you. Not sure what you mean, which menu?
When I'm scrolling in the main- or submenu to the left or the right the menuentrys are repeating. For me this is a little bit confusing
(2017-11-12, 11:44)Jeroen Wrote: The first official Leia release of Grid has been submitted for inclusion on the official Kodi repository and is currently awaiting approval. A beta version is available through my repository add-on, see the first post for details.

Yes, I agree with you.

Unfortunately, due to the way the menu's list control is part of another (vertically scrolling) control together with the widgets the menu repeating cannot be changed. Well, I could change it actually but then the submenu would not be able to be centered.

That said, I have never been satisfied with the horizontal menu and I have been toying with replacing it with something completely different. Still horizontal, but definitely different. But lack of time and me not using horizontal menus myself have prevented me from starting on it.
(2018-02-03, 13:34)Jeroen Wrote:
(2018-02-01, 05:31)Blurayx Wrote: Would it be possible to implement tv show info: Returning Series/ End

Not possible to do this in a way this would fit in Grid because add-on provided infolabels like these can only be used outside of list controls.     
I really like this skin but sadly with a heavy heart, I have to bow out using Grid because of a few limitations. Please don't take this the wrong way as I did donate last week because I know you put a lot of hard work into Grid.
without a doubt, Grid is still one of the best-looking skins. I wish you great success with the Leia version and I hope one day I may return to Grid  Wink  

Thanks for your help over the past few months  Smile
Wink 
Thank you for your response. I understand your reasons offcourse. Perhaps there will be later an other solution.
Until then I use a workaround. I have added items to the submenus with some spaces as names.

The desciption of your skin "Clear, Bold, Functional Elegance" is absolut right  Cool
(2017-11-12, 11:44)Jeroen Wrote: Expectation management
This skin is not for you if the following things are important to you:

• CD Art, spinning discs;
  • At least 10 different viewtypes for every content type;
  • A visibility switch for anything you see on screen;
  • Loads of animations;
  • Details about everything. I don't implement features for the sake of adding features, the same goes for metadata. I really couldn't care less about how much money a movie earned or what it's budget was. And in the odd occasion that I do want to know, I have a smartphone beside me that offers a much better way to obtain that information.
  • Logo's everywhere;
  • Multiple artwork types per viewtype. It comes down to every viewtype being centered around 1 particular artwork type. A second artwork type is only shown when it makes sense / serves a purpose. That's why you will not see tv show logo's when browsing one particular tv show because....you already know what tv show you're browsing. When you browse your recently added episodes however, having tv show logo's makes sense as it helps you differentiate upon first glance;
  • Mouse support. I think the overall design would lend itself quite well for touch operation, with some alterations / additions. So while I may do that in a future version, for now mouse support is not supported;
  • Never leave the homescreen;
  • You need to see something else everytime you scroll
Everything you wrote in that alinea made me want to try out this skin immediately! Finally not a beautiful skin filled with glitter and features! Looking forward to trying this out tonight.
Any chance you added some built in way to show TV Shows and Movies menu items when using a UPNP Library?
I agree and disagree with @Blurayx. The two best things about Grid is it's simplicity and resource usage. I do believe that it can be enhanced with some small details here and there but never at the cost if it's simplicity. Things like a buffering overlay for streams is nice and could still keep things simple. Grid on Leia is by far the best and should continue to get better especially since Leia is barely in alpha.

I love horizon for all it's details and information but it's widget organization is a resource hog. When it's taking up to 65% memory and 50% CPU cycles that can be intense for some low powered systems. Even when horizon is tweaked for Leia, Grid may be used more on large screens for it's elegance and simplicity.
(2018-02-06, 01:32)snoopyjoe Wrote: Smile I agree and disagree with @Blurayx. The two best things about Grid is it's simplicity and resource usage. I do believe that it can be enhanced with some small details here and there but never at the cost if it's simplicity. Things like a buffering overlay for streams is nice and could still keep things simple. Grid on Leia is by far the best and should continue to get better especially since Leia is barely in alpha.

I love horizon for all it's details and information but it's widget organization is a resource hog. When it's taking up to 65% memory and 50% CPU cycles that can be intense for some low powered systems. Even when horizon is tweaked for Leia, Grid may be used more on large screens for it's elegance and simplicity.
Hi, snoopyjoe
I completely understand and respect Jeroen's decision  Smile
I too love horizon and it runs great on my Nvidia Shield TV but not so good on low powered systems. Grid runs effortlessly and looks stunning on my LG 65B7 OLED.
I can see myself using Grid again just because of its elegance and simplicity. I'll continue watching this thread to see if he adds any new features. At the moment I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place lol Smile
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Leia3