• 4(current)
v18 Grid for Leia
(2018-02-05, 18:18)zilexa Wrote: Any chance you added some built in way to show TV Shows and Movies menu items when using a UPNP Library? 
I use Grid on my two NVIDIA Shields where one (living-room) serves also as uPNP server for the other one (bedroom). There was no need to tweak anything, just add the uPNP server as video library source and then use "Video Library">"Source">"[Name of your uPNP server]">"Movies" resp. "Video Library">"Source">"[Name of your uPNP server]">"TV Shows" as menu items.

If you use a non-Kodi uPNP server as source, you might encounter missing artwork, but to me that is definitely not a problem of the Grid skin...
Hi @Jeroen

I have a question regarding the script.grab.fanart dependency. I have Grid (master snapshot from Github) installed on both my NVIDIA shields and I noticed that on one device Kodi started substantially slower than on the other one. After some investigations and code digging I found out that I had a snapshot from end of January on the faster device, where you (temporarily) removed script.grab.fanart. Without it, Grid starts in a flick of time, I can barely see the Grid splash screen. With the script included, it takes 5-6 seconds until the Grid splash screen disappears and Kodi finally starts. The delay is definitely caused by script.grab.fanart since I updated the faster device with the current snapshot from Github and now Kodi startup is also slow there... :-(

My question is: Can I somehow improve the performance of the script? Is it absolutely necessary to keep it as a dependency for Grid?
I understand that certain features will only work with the script, but you tried to replace it by something else as far as I can see...

Cheers,
Tim (aka cicero22)
Hi @Jeroen

Next Aired: when a widget is highlighted the texts disappears.

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
(2018-02-03, 13:34)Jeroen Wrote:
(2018-02-01, 05:31)Blurayx Wrote: Would it be possible to implement tv show info: Returning Series/ End

Not possible to do this in a way this would fit in Grid because add-on provided infolabels like these can only be used outside of list controls. 
I didn't realize Returning Series/ End can be found in extended info  Smile

Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
(2018-02-06, 15:07)cicero22 Wrote: I have a question regarding the script.grab.fanart dependency. I have Grid (master snapshot from Github) installed on both my NVIDIA shields and I noticed that on one device Kodi started substantially slower than on the other one. After some investigations and code digging I found out that I had a snapshot from end of January on the faster device, where you (temporarily) removed script.grab.fanart. Without it, Grid starts in a flick of time, I can barely see the Grid splash screen. With the script included, it takes 5-6 seconds until the Grid splash screen disappears and Kodi finally starts. The delay is definitely caused by script.grab.fanart since I updated the faster device with the current snapshot from Github and now Kodi startup is also slow there... :-(
With Fanart Grabber,the skin will hold showing the homescreen until Fanart Grabber has finished starting the rotating background slideshow so that it created a smooth transition.

Quote:My question is: Can I somehow improve the performance of the script?
If you know python, who knows. Other than that, not really.

Quote:Is it absolutely necessary to keep it as a dependency for Grid?
I understand that certain features will only work with the script, but you tried to replace it by something else as far as I can see...
Yes, it is needed for the background slideshow. I did try to replace it with script.skin.helper.backgrounds yes because it seemed this issue had been solved. Unfortunately I was wrong. Without that issue being solved, it is no alternative I'm afraid.
(2018-02-07, 04:04)Blurayx Wrote: Next Aired: when a widget is highlighted the texts disappears.

Fixed for next release, cheers!
(2018-02-10, 12:56)Jeroen Wrote:
(2018-02-07, 04:04)Blurayx Wrote: Next Aired: when a widget is highlighted the texts disappears.

Fixed for next release, cheers! 
Thanks  Smile
Hi Jeroen,

At the moment letter jump is not working in Kodi for android but would you consider adding this feature for Grid when it's fixed?

Also, would it be ok to send you a Log to see why Grid is not showing my local Artist slideshows?  Smile

Thanks
(2018-02-10, 13:11)Blurayx Wrote: At the moment letter jump is not working in Kodi for android but would you consider adding this feature for Grid when it's fixed?
No skin support is needed for this, this is handled completely by Kodi core.

Quote:Also, would it be ok to send you a Log to see why Grid is not showing my local Artist slideshows?
i have some changes lined up that hopefully solve whatever is causing this issue for you.
(2018-02-12, 08:08)Jeroen Wrote:
(2018-02-10, 13:11)Blurayx Wrote: At the moment letter jump is not working in Kodi for android but would you consider adding this feature for Grid when it's fixed?
Quote:Also, would it be ok to send you a Log to see why Grid is not showing my local Artist slideshows?
i have some changes lined up that hopefully solve whatever is causing this issue for you. 
Thanks for your reply. How do I access letter jump within Grid?
(2018-02-12, 08:12)Blurayx Wrote:
(2018-02-12, 08:08)Jeroen Wrote:
Thanks for your reply. How do I access letter jump within Grid?

This is the same for any skin, SHIFT + LETTER
Grid 2.3.1 available

Changes
- Added Add-ons hub
- Added skinhelper extrafanart scanner for music slideshows
- FIX: disappearing info when focusing item in Next Aired add-on
- Reworked horizontal menu building, submenu not repeating anymore
- Position of library shortcuts in Hubs is now configurable (top or bottom)
- Ability to set the homescreen background slideshow refresh time
- Removed artwork downloader support (reason here, I recommend using Artwork Beef)
- Fix: when using compact menu, widget names would be hidden behind widgets
- Added DejaVu Sans fontset (supports Cyrillic, Greek, Latin, Amenian, Georgian characters)
- FIX: Option menu was not accessible from skin settings window
- Global Search support (v8 only). First draft, very alpha, unfinished, no bug reports on this atm please)
- Various smaller bug fixes and tweaks
On 2.3.1 is anyone else having issues displaying the widgets with the vertical layout? The first row displays fine but when moving down to display the next row, it's highlighted so high up on the screen that it is no longer visible. The horizontal layout does not have this issue. Running skin using LE9 Amlogic 8.90.4 build.
Hi,

is there an easy startpoint to change the colors of the epg?

Thank you very much.
Kaloschke
(2018-03-02, 11:54)snoopyjoe Wrote: On 2.3.1 is anyone else having issues displaying the widgets with the vertical layout? The first row displays fine but when moving down to display the next row, it's highlighted so high up on the screen that it is no longer visible. The horizontal layout does not have this issue. Running skin using LE9 Amlogic 8.90.4 build.

Confirmed. Please hang on for the next update, it should resolve this issue.

The update is mostly done, but I am currently in the process of moving to a new house, so it is taking a bit longer.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Leia3