Using A Standard TV Remote
Is there a way to use a standard TV Remote for a bedroom Kodi set up ?  I'm thinking of picking up a mini pc stick to use with a bedroom tv. I'll be installing Kodi on it, but can't find any way to use a standard tv remote within windows 10. Is there any way around this ?  I would much prefer not to have to use any of the air mice, keyboard, or other solutions if possible.

Thank you...
Use a Raspberry Pi 3, Odroid C2 or Wetek HUB, they all have CEC support.
Provided your bedroom TV also has CEC supported, you can use the TV remote for Kodi.
Or if your device has a USB port available, look at a flirc dongle.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you for your replies, though I guess I didn't word my question properly.

What I was referring to was when I first turn on the mini pc and tv I will be presented with the windows 10 desktop. Using only a standard tv remote, how does one get around the desktop to run Kodi. (click the icon)

That and my tv does not have CEC supported.

I don't have windows 10 on my machine, would one be able to maneuver around the desktop in 'tablet mode' using a standard remote ?  Similar to how Android TV maneuvers through it's apps ? This would allow me to access the Kodi icon and run Kodi from the windows 10 desktop.

Other than that I was thinking of changing the boot order and booting off a USB 3.0 stick straight into LibreElec/Kodi bypassing windows altogether. And leaving the HD as the 2nd in the boot order, thereby if the usb were removed it would then boot into windows 10.

As far as once you're in Kodi, I'm assuming a standard remote would then work.

I'm looking at the Azulle Byte 3 btw, which comes with an ir remote.  

azulle byte-3
I use a Mele F10 air mouse to navigate around Windows 10, then when I open Kodi it behaves like a normal remote with just the keys active. Works perfectly fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using A Standard TV Remote0