help with recording and help with problem of authentication required
Hi all.  I was asked to start a new thread on this in a different thread.  So here goes:
Hi all, please forgive me if this is the wrong place for this or if it has already been dealt with elsewhere.  I am very new to this and just trying to figure things out (I'm a biologist, not a computer guy).  I have two issues.  A little background first.  I want to use my QNAP NAS as the backend to run tvheadend and use kodi as the frontend and run tvheadend as an add-on in order to use my NAS as a DVR.  I have HDHomerun working and setup with Tvheadend.  I can watch live tv through the HDhomerun app (on my comp, phone, ipad).  I can also watch live tv through kodi.  I was previously able to go into tvheadend through the web on my NAS, and record, and then watch a show (I did this one time with one of the world series games) on my computer.  Problems: I can't figure out how to set up something to record going from Kodi.  When I have pushed record nothing worked.  And now, recently, when I tried to go back into the tvheadend app on the NAS from the web using my computer, it won't let access. It says 'authentication required' http://192.168.1.130:9981 your connection to this site is not private.  Username_________ Password ____________.  I have tried my normal passwords.  xbmc/xbmc.  So, I am hoping you can help me get back in to the app, and to get it setup to record from Kodi.  Thanks, Brian
Brian,

I disabled all authentication on an installation of tvheadend by appending "--noacl" to its startup command line.  In my case (running on Ubuntu), this was done by including TVH_ARGS="--noacl" at the end of /etc/defaults/tvheadend.

Hope this helps.

Regards,  Mal
To set up recording from kodi, select the programme you want to watch from the guide, and hit the context menu button, then select "add timer".
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help with recording and help with problem of authentication required0