Switching from FireTV to Vero 4k. Some questions.
I've been using the FireTV with Kodi for quite a while now and for the most part I was satisfied. For various reasons I wanna switch to the Vero 4K now. 

I've used adbLink to backup my Kodi data. Can I transfer this backup to the Vero 4K and it'll be just where I left off, with watched status etc?

Also, I've got all my media on a NAS and access it via samba shares. Will those paths still be the same on the Vero 4K?

From what I've read, the Vero 4K is pretty much perfect for me, I'm not a tech wizard and I only need it for streaming media from my NAS to my TV, nothing else. Is there anything that speaks against the Vero 4K?

Thanks for any help.
The share paths will be the same if you mounted them within Kodi's GUI and not via fstab (if Amazon Fire even supports that).

One thing that comes to mind is that you may need to change Samba settings slightly when you receive your device. Unfortunately because of a series of Samba vulnerabilities and attacks such as WannaCry, SMBv1 browsing is now disabled out of the box.

However if you are copying over all of your data, then you will not need to browse to find your shares as they will already be defined in your sources.xml.
Make sure that the Firestick is running the latest version of Kodi before migrating to ensure the best compatibility with any add-ons / skins / database version.

Sam

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switching from FireTV to Vero 4k. Some questions.0