v17 Help with accessing OpenMediaVault shared file
Exclamation 
Hello all, running Kodi 17.6 on an android box. I have OpenMediaVault installed on a raspberry pi 2 with a toshiba 2tb hdd with all my movies. The issue I’m having is that when adding the videos (movies,kids,set,etc.) and setting up the content type, when it starts to scan I get an error message that it can not connect to server and it does this for every single file. I do have access to the drive and said file via videos>files>movies. I set it up via smb, tried to use nfs but I can’t figure out how to set that up via OpenMediaVault. One thing to note is that if I connect the hdd to the back of the router I have no issues setting it up and all my movies show up and scan.

Anyone running this setup? Any suggestions. Thanks
I use omv and have no issues with nfs and Kodi. I don't have Kodi working on any windows hosts so I use nfs.

Main question I guess is can you access the share outside of Kodi and it's working fine (touch a file, delete a file) I have seen some posts that seem like smb is flakey in Kodi. I dunno for sure

One thing I do remember for my NFS was that I couldn't browse to it via Kodi unless I specified the share (nfs://servername/export/Media). Browsing to my nfs server to discover the mounts never worked, but manually saying it did.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my Pixel XL
(2017-11-20, 19:21)wyild1 Wrote: I use omv and have no issues with nfs and Kodi. I don't have Kodi working on any windows hosts so I use nfs.

Main question I guess is can you access the share outside of Kodi and it's working fine (touch a file, delete a file) I have seen some posts that seem like smb is flakey in Kodi. I dunno for sure

One thing I do remember for my NFS was that I couldn't browse to it via Kodi unless I specified the share (nfs://servername/export/Media). Browsing to my nfs server to discover the mounts never worked, but manually saying it did.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my Pixel XL

I can access the shared file in Kodi on my laptop, but I guess it’s because everything is within the smb real.

The issue I have is I have no clue how to get it to read as “nfs://servername/export/Media” either I’m missing something or not choosing something. I though I had it set up but when I go to select the videos through NFS it kodi all I get is “nfs://“

Maybe you can provide a few screen captures to see where I’m going wrong. Thanks.
(2017-11-20, 20:44)adinis78 Wrote:
(2017-11-20, 19:21)wyild1 Wrote: I use omv and have no issues with nfs and Kodi. I don't have Kodi working on any windows hosts so I use nfs.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my Pixel XL

I can access the shared file in Kodi on my laptop, but I guess it’s because everything is within the smb real.

The issue I have is I have no clue how to get it to read as “nfs://servername/export/Media” either I’m missing something or not choosing something. I though I had it set up but when I go to select the videos through NFS it kodi all I get is “nfs://“

Maybe you can provide a few screen captures to see where I’m going wrong. Thanks.  

http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sourc...te_sources

Shows you how to add a remote source for your file sharing (you might just not have scrolled to the bottom to select "Add Network Location)   It says you should do it this way for an SMB server, but NFS can be done this way too as OMV is prob NFS4, and Kodi (least used to) browses at NFS3.  The wikipage has screenshots

Also can look over NFS: http://kodi.wiki/view/Network_Filesystem_(NFS) for more on NFS.  Or stick with SMB.  Maybe following the above steps in the wiki page will help rather than browsing 

Choose SMB or NFS whatever works best for you.  Sounds like you least got SMB going so maybe stick with that.  and using Add Network location as explained on that wiki page instead of trying to browse to the SMB  might help you with your issue

If you still have problems, a debug log is prob best 

Cheers!
I feel like the biggest fool. I finally figured out what my issue was. It had nothing to do with omv or shared files. My issue was that when setting the content (tv shows, movies, ect.) i always used tmb and thats what the issue was. The server in question was tmb server and not mine. After trying to update tmb and all its components i still had the same issue. Went and tested on my laptop that is running kodi 17.3 and everything works as it should. So there was something wrong with kodi 17.6 on my box so i reverted to version 17.4 (thats what i could find online) and now im up and running and everything is working as it should. Man what a headache.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with accessing OpenMediaVault shared file0