EvolvTV 8810
Came across this media player at Costco, and have googled many, many pages but cannot find any reviews.  Anyone here ever hear of, or have any experience with this S812-based EvolvTV ETV 8810 AC media player?
I don't see a price. But why not buy something tried and true like an s912 box and flash libreelec?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-11-24, 23:18)nickr Wrote: I don't see a price. But why not buy something tried and true like an s912 box and flash libreelec?
 Ha!  It's already disappeared from Costco's site!  It was around $220 CDN, about the same as a 16GB Shield remote-only.  I also saw it at Walmart, at a higher price.

No problem--I got the 2017 Shield at $199.
Do not purchase!!!

I purchased a box on black friday of last year for an early christmas present. We tried to set it up and it wouldn't work. it took me 3 weeks to get someone to respond to my request for help. Finally someone got back to me and the woman on the phone was VERY VERY helpful and when she couldn't get it to work she told me to send everything back and i would get a replacement! I sent it back right away and was told i should see my replacement within the week. I finally received it near the end of March but was dismayed to receive only the box, none of the cords etc that i had sent back.
I reached out to EVOLV again and no luck so i took to social media and messaged them through facebook. They advised me that they received my box without cords and I should never have sent the cords and asked me why i didn't contact them right away. They said they sent my box back to me in december and that i was lying about when i received the box and that i did have the cords. They told me that i was trying to scam the company out of the cord and i must have lost mine. They told me they would pull their records of when they sent the replacement. I told them to go ahead, I was not lying and i received my box 3 weeks prior to contacting them. I went to every single possible store i could go to in an effort to replace the power cord, but because their cord is propriatary i was unable to find one those reaching out to them when i had exhausted my options.

I wasn't interested in waiting another 3 months to use the box. After being called a liar again I was told they would put a cord in the mail and follow up with canada post as what i was saying was a serious issue. I agreed and advised them that i received the box in a plain white bubble envelope with a hand written label and no return information. I thanked them in advance for the cord. I was told i would receive an email confirmation.

Surprise, surprise, no cord. On July 6th at 1:35 in the afternoon i once again reached out to say i have not received the cord or a confirmation email, my comment was read the following day but no response was given. I reached out again last week and said I could see my message was written but had no response....no cord....no email and a useless box that I paid for!
Still nothing! this is the worse customer service i have ever received and I am appalled. The person i spoke with said this was a small family owned business based in canada and they should be ashamed of the way they are treating their customers.

I feel I have been more than patient with them, but they are not acting in good faith.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EvolvTV 88100