increase timeout for local disk access
Is there an option like <samba><clienttimeout> for local disk access?
My local harddisks spin down when they are not used.
If the disk is spun down and I select a video for playback, it always switches back to the fileselection after a few seconds.
(If I select it again, it works because the disk is already running at that time.)

If there is no such option to configure, maybe I can change the corresponding timer value in the source code?
I'd appreciate if someone could point me to the right section in the sources. :-)

Cheers,
--leo
Have a look at: http://kodi.wiki/view/AdvancedSettings.xml#samba
(2017-11-24, 20:36)Klojum Wrote: Have a look at: http://kodi.wiki/view/AdvancedSettings.xml#samba
Did you even read my question?
I am aware of the samba timeout setting but I am asking for an equivalent setting for local disks.
(2017-11-24, 21:15)Leo_B Wrote: Did you even read my question?
No, I always intentionally give crap answers.

On linux, try your luck with hdparm.
(2017-11-24, 21:37)Klojum Wrote: On linux, try your luck with hdparm.

+1 for hdparm. I use it to control the drives attached to my RPi.
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2017-11-24, 21:37)Klojum Wrote: On linux, try your luck with hdparm.

My question is _not_ about disabling harddisk spindown but to increase kodi's timeout waiting for the disks to spin up!

Let's ask even more specific:
Can someone, who has a good overview of the source code help me to find the specific timer that is responsible for switching back to the file selection menu after about 5 seconds if reading from the file doesn't return data fast enough?
i'm interessted too... i have the same problem with nfs - on my qnap box spin down is configured and spinning up is not fast enough for kodi, second try works, so kodi hast a far to short timeout... maybe it is configurable globally?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
increase timeout for local disk access0