OS X Kodi video freeze for a few seconds since I upgraded to OSX High Sierra
Hello everyone,

Yesterday I had the unfortunate idea to upgrade from OSX Sierra to High Sierra.
Since then, each time I play a video with Kodi the following happens from time to time: At non regular intervals, Kodi video freezes for a few seconds, the it starts again.
I suspect it is an OSX issue as I did a Google search and I discovered that some PLEX users have the same issue.

Has anyone encountered the same problem and are you aware of a fix to this problem?

Thanks in advance for your reply

gece
debug log (wiki) might tell something maybe
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thread moved to Mac section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hallelujah… finally someone else with this issue, so it's not must me...

I have the exact same issue, see; https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=324416

Only way I can 100% stop it is by disabling hardware decoding.

I'm about to play with a custom XML file to see if it can be used as a workaround for now.
Hey gece,

Please follow Memphis' link to provide the correct info so the devs can take a look at what's happening on your setup as well.

I'm guessing you're using a Mac with an Intel GPU?

Cheers,
I also have the issue since upgrading to High Sierra. No issues at all before that. Periodic freezing every so often. Always resumes, but ya, just as people here describe: freezes for a second or 2, then resumes. Sound is unaffected, just video
The nightly kodi-20171128-d5f9097-master-x86_64 (v 18 which is "Leia") on top of a freshly installed macOS 10.13.1 results in the same video freezing….  Eek
Hi Devs,

I haven't heard anything and so am wondering how to proceed.

Would you like me to log this a bug?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi video freeze for a few seconds since I upgraded to OSX High Sierra0