v17 How to download Kodi 17.6 for Raspberry 3
Hi guys,

I was trying to update my Kodi 17.3 to Kodi 17.6 as I received information from the system that a new stable version was available.

I have Raspberry Pi 3 with Raspbian. 

I tried to use apt get command to automatically update the software but it states that I have the latest version. So I went on f.. official site -> download -> raspberry but there is no download option, only a "guide" button. The funny thing is that is I click on "guide" the website gives me a message "Thanks for the download"....no way. I tried from different laptops/browsers.

So, how can I get this new version? Any hints? 

Thanks,

Luca
Question: Do you really need the whole lot of Raspbian? There is also Kodi on a very tiny basis called LibreELEC. It has the latest Kodi 17.6 in its v8.2.1 build.
Yes I need a full Linux porting for other reasons.

Any suggestion to my issue?
(2017-11-26, 14:13)LPs1978 Wrote: Yes I need a full Linux porting for other reasons.

Any suggestion to my issue?
 1) Wait
2) Build from sources
Quote:Question: Do you really need the whole lot of Raspbian? There is also Kodi on a very tiny basis called LibreELEC. It has the latest Kodi 17.6 in its v8.2.1 build.
The tipical useless comment... 

Raspbian Jessie has Kodi only until 17.3, it probably won't get newer versions. Raspbian Stretch has Kodi 17.5, 17.6 should be available in the next few days.
(2017-11-26, 17:56)rascas Wrote:
Quote:Question: Do you really need the whole lot of Raspbian? There is also Kodi on a very tiny basis called LibreELEC. It has the latest Kodi 17.6 in its v8.2.1 build.

Raspbian Jessie has Kodi only until 17.3, it probably won't get newer versions. Raspbian Stretch has Kodi 17.5, 17.6 should be available in the next few days. 
The tipical useless comment about useful comment.
If a user wants to use their pi as mediacenter _only_, then suggesting LibreELEC or OSMC is fine, because those OSes were tailored for Kodi and offer a bunch of very useful customizations.
The OP hasn't stated in the first post the need of a full featured distro for other uses, thus making the suggestion of LE perfectly valid.
Quote:The tipical useless comment about useful comment.
If a user wants to use their pi as mediacenter _only_, then suggesting LibreELEC or OSMC is fine, because those OSes were tailored for Kodi and offer a bunch of very useful customizations.
The OP hasn't stated in the first post the need of a full featured distro for other uses, thus making the suggestion of LE perfectly valid.
Another useless one... That was not what the user asked. The user said that he/she was using Raspbian.
(2017-11-26, 17:56)rascas Wrote:

Yes, I'm now updating my Raspbian version to Stretch. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to download Kodi 17.6 for Raspberry 30