Just Migrated from Media Portal to NextPVR - Recording Bug
Just finished configuring my NextPVR Backend Box and i'm having issues with consistent recording in Kodi 7.6 with the latest NextPVR Release.

Error Log:
11:27:25.411 T:2476   ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::AddTimer - addon 'NextPVR  (192.168.2.253):connected' returned an error: the command failed
11:27:25.411 T:2476   ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClients::AddTimer - cannot add timer to client '1586518318': the command failed
11:31:37.594 T:3984   ERROR: PVR::CPVRTimerInfoTag::CPVRTimerInfoTag: no epg tag given for epg based timer type (2)!

I had the Recording and Timeshift Folders Set to D:\Timeshift and D:\RecordedTV in the NextPVR Settings.  I couldn't browse to UNC via the GUI, so modified this via the C:\Users\Public\NextPVR\Config.xml File.

Timeshift seems fine, but recording is hit and miss.

I have a nightly job (midnight) running that Downloads/Updates the D:\XMLTV Folder with Guide Data and the Channels are all set to use this XML File, is there something I need to schedule/update outside this for NextPVR given it could be guide data causing it?

Cheers!
(2017-11-28, 04:12)deadlast Wrote: I have a nightly job (midnight) running that Downloads/Updates the D:\XMLTV Folder with Guide Data and the Channels are all set to use this XML File, is there something I need to schedule/update outside this for NextPVR given it could be guide data causing it?

Cheers!
NextPVR updates its EPG overnight, at the time specified on the Settings->Misc2 screen. You'll want to make sure that is set to some time after your XMLTV job would have completed.

Your error might have been due to Kodi having stale listings. ie, show IDs that no longer exist in NextPVR. Kodi loads the EPG information when it starts, so you'd have wanted to start Kodi after the NextPVR EPG update time (or if you've manually updated the EPG, you'd probably want to restart Kodi)
(2017-11-28, 05:01)sub3 Wrote:
(2017-11-28, 04:12)deadlast Wrote: I have a nightly job (midnight) running that Downloads/Updates the D:\XMLTV Folder with Guide Data and the Channels are all set to use this XML File, is there something I need to schedule/update outside this for NextPVR given it could be guide data causing it?

Cheers!
NextPVR updates its EPG overnight, at the time specified on the Settings->Misc2 screen. You'll want to make sure that is set to some time after your XMLTV job would have completed.

Your error might have been due to Kodi having stale listings. ie, show IDs that no longer exist in NextPVR. Kodi loads the EPG information when it starts, so you'd have wanted to start Kodi after the NextPVR EPG update time (or if you've manually updated the EPG, you'd probably want to restart Kodi) 
Cheers for the information!

XMLTV downloads its data at Midnight and the Misc2 Section is set to Update at 2am (2 Hour difference).  I'll try setting Kodi to "Not Store Guide Data" or update more frequently and see if that helps.

Also interested on the Genre Color Settings if anybody has any information on that.  I know how to fix it with Media Portal, but not with NextPVR.

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just Migrated from Media Portal to NextPVR - Recording Bug0