• 72(current)
Release Google Drive for KODI
Sorry for bumping the thread. Does the "export as .strm" function result in TWO (2) .strm files for each movie exported?

My setup:

1. Three (3) movies on my gdrive folder. All movies inside one folder I named 'Movies'.  All three movies in their own separate folders. Each movie has its own subtitle in .srt format. Subs are named exactly the same as the movie. (Ex., Happy 2020.mkv, Happy 2020.srt)
2. I created a folder on my laptop to save the .strms and map them to KODI's Movies library.
3. Went back to gdrive addon and did the process to export the movies as .strm.
4. Went back to KODI Movies and run the "scan for changes"

I felt I have successfully exported all three movies as I can watch them by just navigating my Movies library, with thumbnails and movie info and all. I can play each movies no problem. Just that the subtitles are missing. I looked at my Movies library and can only find one (1) .strm file for each movies I exported. It would appear that the movies were generated its own .strm, but not generated its corresponding ".srt.strm" file as I can only see one (1) .strm per movie on my Movie library. If my understanding is correct, I should see two .strm for each movie on the Movies library, correct?

Playing movies directly using the gdrive addon exhibits the same behavior: no srt showing on the screen even though srt seems to have been loaded (random letters appear on subtitle selection box, grayed out. expected behavior per cguzzman).

I'm using the latest addon 1.3.3 and the latest common 1.2.10.
Log file.
(2020-02-23, 12:52)rmalchi Wrote:
(2020-02-23, 03:43)rmalchi Wrote:
(2020-02-22, 03:54)gilsonsjc Wrote: Hey, take a look at this comment: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2923331 

You will find an album of photos of the set up I have here to have the .strm method working. If you set this correctly it will work as if you were using the addon as source (just like you did before).  

Thanks mate ill check it out.   

Gilsonsjc, thanks for that!! I managed to get the strm files on my local drive and it all updates the Movies library and playing fine. 

Subtitles working fine too?
(2020-03-01, 11:42)onoakino Wrote:
(2020-02-23, 03:43)rmalchi Wrote: Thanks mate ill check it out.   

Gilsonsjc, thanks for that!! I managed to get the strm files on my local drive and it all updates the Movies library and playing fine. 

Yes, the subtitles work just fine but they are not exported along side the movie. There is one option on the plugins that allows external subtitles to play, take a look here https://photos.app.goo.gl/b5An3gW6ZYPN5yKh7
Make sure your Kodi is also set to enable subtitles during the playback.
I´m gettin an error:
"Unknown error:
expecting : delimiter: line 175 column 35 (char 7184)
Please try again
"
When I try again, I have this:
"unknown error:
'Nonetype' object is not callable
Please try again"

Any help?

Edit: I finally deleted the account and now is working ok
Hey cguZZMan,

Just to follow up on my previous posts on the last page: your amazing add-on sadly definitely does not load Google Drive folders with 100+ images anymore.

It definitely used to in the past. I used to use your add-on and leave my laptop on and watch slideshows and other pics. It worked beautifully before. Now it just hangs and then fails to load.

I'm using both Cloud Drive Common 1.2.10 and Google Drive 1.3.3 from your repository. Hope you can fix it at some point!
(2020-03-01, 12:47)gilsonsjc Wrote:
(2020-02-23, 12:52)rmalchi Wrote: Gilsonsjc, thanks for that!! I managed to get the strm files on my local drive and it all updates the Movies library and playing fine. 

Yes, the subtitles work just fine but they are not exported along side the movie. There is one option on the plugins that allows external subtitles to play, take a look here https://photos.app.goo.gl/b5An3gW6ZYPN5yKh7
Make sure your Kodi is also set to enable subtitles during the playback. 

Yep. Still won't play subtitles. Yesterday I decided to read the thread from start to finish and I did finish the whole thread. I'm starting to get a little bit frustrated as I seem to be the only one who's having an issue with subtitles not loading whether I play using the library (strm) or using the addon. I even tried installing from cguzzman's repo and the result is stays the same. No subtitles. I tried Kodi 18.5 and 18.2, still no go. I am out of ideas. Sad
mine Google drive Plugin Can't run anymore,prompt:
unknown error:
No JSON object could be decoded
Please try again
OK. I installed opensubtitle addon to download subs for the movies. Now I can watch movies with subtitles. I'm happy. Smile Thank you for this wonderful addon, cguzzman!
(2020-02-23, 03:43)rmalchi Wrote: Thanks mate ill check it out.   

Yes subtitles playing fine.
Anybody noticed Google flagging some movie files on G-drive as Abuse and therefore can't stream or download them? Is there a workaround anyone know off?
(2020-03-02, 09:13)sheyip Wrote: mine Google drive Plugin Can't run anymore,prompt:
unknown error:
No JSON object could be decoded
Please try again

Remove your Google Drive account from the addon and add it back in
(2020-03-02, 10:14)rmalchi Wrote: Anybody noticed Google flagging some movie files on G-drive as Abuse and therefore can't stream or download them? Is there a workaround anyone know off?

do you share you Gdrive account with anyone that can report/complain your contents? personally i did not came across with such problem (yet)
(2020-03-03, 10:46)jonsnow30 Wrote:
(2020-03-02, 10:14)rmalchi Wrote: Anybody noticed Google flagging some movie files on G-drive as Abuse and therefore can't stream or download them? Is there a workaround anyone know off?

do you share you Gdrive account with anyone that can report/complain your contents? personally i did not came across with such problem (yet)

No, just shred it with my close family, and a couple of friends. Apparently Google scans the files hash. Not all movie files flagged just a few.
(2020-03-03, 10:51)rmalchi Wrote:
(2020-03-03, 10:46)jonsnow30 Wrote:

No, just shred it with my close family, and a couple of friends. Apparently Google scans the files hash. Not all movie files flagged just a few. 
does the flagged movies have something in common? in the files name or something?  and do you own a paid Gdrive account or free account?
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Drive for KODI7