• 68(current)
Release Google Drive for KODI
(2020-02-13, 09:58)Bartjunited Wrote: I have added the Google drive Addon to my various Android based devices and want to use it to share content around the house.

so for example I download some content and rather than have to use usb sticks to view the content I put in on Google drive and then via the addon and kodi I can view this on the various sources.

When i set this up a couple of weeks ago it worked perfectly and I could see the content on all my android devices.

However in the last week its stopped working. I can physically see the content via Google Drive but when I click on the content it says "Loading" but then nothing plays.

Ive tried to clear cache, enable/disable the addon on, remove the google drive account that the content is stored on but none of this works.

Any suggestions??

TIA
There was a problem with the plug in which has been fixed and it is on its way to the official Kodi Repository. Take a look here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2923331
(2020-02-10, 19:45)sarah89 Wrote: Hey cguZZMan, here's an excerpt from the exact moment I tried and view a picture through the plugin. That's what the log file repeats over and over until I hit back and leave the black screen. This happens with all types of pictures, which used to work okay until they pushed those changes last week.

it's probably because the common drive module was not update. Please make sure you have both addons updated.

Also I just released a new version which allows to play videos in Google Photos.
Request to update the addon in the Kodi repo was submitted yesterday. Just need to wait until they merge it.
(2020-02-13, 18:45)cguZZMan Wrote: Request to update the addon in the Kodi repo was submitted yesterday. Just need to wait until they merge it.

Hi, I tried with the new version from your repo (1.3.2) but it does not work either. When I try to launch a video it loads for a 1/4s and stop. From the logs i find a bunch of errors 
CAddinSettings[plugin.googledrive]: failed to find setting definition for setting download.service.port. Creating on the fly...
CSettingManager: request setting (source.service.port) was not found.
Make sure you update the common drive module also.
And please always post your complete log file. So nobody waste time guessing what could be the issue.
(2020-02-13, 21:09)cguZZMan Wrote: Make sure you update the common drive module also.
And please always post your complete log file. So nobody waste time guessing what could be the issue.

I updated the common drive module to version
It still doesn't work.

Here are some logs
https://paste.kodi.tv/lodavugide.kodi
(I hide some directory names)
(2020-02-13, 22:41)Kurdy34 Wrote:
(2020-02-13, 21:09)cguZZMan Wrote: Make sure you update the common drive module also.

I updated the common drive module to version
It still doesn't work.

Here are some logs
https://paste.kodi.tv/lodavugide.kodi
(I hide some directory names) 
Edit: I update the Common drive module  to v. 1.2.9
Still no complete log file.
And you are using source mode, which as commented before, it doesn't work anymore
(2020-02-13, 22:44)cguZZMan Wrote: Still no complete log file.
And you are using source mode, which as commented before, it doesn't work anymore
Hey man, it's not a huge deal but I was wondering if it'd ever be feasible to make subtitles accessible when using a transcode? I assume it's a limitation on the part of google, but I figured I'd ask, as the majority of my library is foreign films.  

Thanks again for the great service!
External subtitles should be working when transcoding (those in your drive with the same name as your video). For subtitles embedded in your video, that's not possible. It's google server which is regenerating (transcoding) your video format, and the original file with subs embedded is replaced with google's new video file.
(2020-02-13, 23:16)cguZZMan Wrote: External subtitles should be working when transcoding (those in your drive with the same name as your video). For subtitles embedded in your video, that's not possible. It's google server which is regenerating (transcoding) your video format, and the original file with subs embedded is replaced with google's new video file.

I see, adding external subs is an easy enough fix.  Thanks
(2020-02-13, 22:44)cguZZMan Wrote: Still no complete log file.
Sry for the logs, don't know how to generate a complete file it was a copy of the Kodi.log
BTW it's ok now using strm files. Thank you and great job!
(2020-02-13, 18:33)cguZZMan Wrote:
(2020-02-10, 19:45)sarah89 Wrote: Hey cguZZMan, here's an excerpt from the exact moment I tried and view a picture through the plugin. That's what the log file repeats over and over until I hit back and leave the black screen. This happens with all types of pictures, which used to work okay until they pushed those changes last week.

it's probably because the common drive module was not update. Please make sure you have both addons updated.

Also I just released a new version which allows to play videos in Google Photos.

OK, thanks for the tip. Just updated to 1.3.2, and so far so good.

Still, as I said the other day, folders that have quite a few pictures (say, 50+) take quite a long time to open now, while it used to be very fast before these latest changes. Any idea why that is and if it's something that a future update might fix?
Big text blob removed by moderator.
@arjunz)90

Kodi setups with banned add-ons installed are not welcome on this forum.
Familiarize yourself (again) with our forum rules (wiki).
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Drive for KODI7