Req Apple TV 4K - Auto Switch framerate and HDR/SDR
(2018-02-23, 08:55)hoppel118 Wrote: Ok, thanks for the explanation. Yes, I know it, but for Kodi it was clear even before your last post. [emoji6]

I got my Apple TV yesterday and I am new to this stuff.

Greetings Hoppel

You said something about “stable release” - I just wanted to clear up that there is nothing like that for the tvOS port because it’s all unofficial ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2018-02-23, 19:19)Memphiz Wrote: You said something about “stable release” - I just wanted to clear up that there is nothing like that for the tvOS port because it’s all unofficial ... 
 Why is Kodi for tvos actually nothing official, it's not even time for it, think there are more and more followers for this?

I would wish for it and I think many others from the community too.
AppleTV 4K Release 17.2 with Kodi 17.6  & Kodi 20.2.0
QNAP NAS TVS-872XT - Build 5.1.2.2533
The changes made for tvos are unacceptable for kodi master and also the fact that you need to resign the app every 7 days simply sucks. That greeng0blin jailbreak sucks aswell because its not untethered. Users like me who have the equipment connected via switchable sockets have to redo the jailbreak on every power up which can take from one to 30 tries to work. I mean come on - this platform is a pita...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
* davilla loves this platform Smile
(2018-02-18, 15:09)Memphiz Wrote: Also I really don‘t understand why people always use the latest builds even when they are not supposed to be used yet. The last test-build was meant for that one user that reported the issue with interlaced content. The versions that are meant to be used by all others are clearly stated in the core testing threads first post ...
In my case that's because I use the script to automatically update Kodi and with my changes the script downloads by default (after a timeout) the latest available build. Anyway, I've now downloaded manually the one in the CORE test thread, installed it from scratch (deleting the previous Kodi installation) and like with all other builds I tested I have been unable to have Kodi switching the ATV 4K to HDR. I had to also enable the new  option for HEVC HDR accelerated decoding because I was getting very distorted colours in HDR. With that option enabled I see a decent but washed picture due to TV not switching to HDR. All videos I test work fine with Infuse Pro.

The good news is that I could finally have the TV getting the 24Hz signal, but only after changing in Settings/Player the "Adjust display refresh rate" to "On start/stop". So I wonder if there is any other option I have to check to finally get the HDR working. Or if you need any log please let me know what/how.
Yes, framerate switching is also working for me:

• Apple TV 4K
• tvOS 11.2.x
• Kodi 180227

Thank you so much and greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2018-02-28, 09:05)Jecht_Sin Wrote:
(2018-02-18, 15:09)Memphiz Wrote: Also I really don‘t understand why people always use the latest builds even when they are not supposed to be used yet. The last test-build was meant for that one user that reported the issue with interlaced content. The versions that are meant to be used by all others are clearly stated in the core testing threads first post ...
In my case that's because I use the script to automatically update Kodi and with my changes the script downloads by default (after a timeout) the latest available build. Anyway, I've now downloaded manually the one in the CORE test thread, installed it from scratch (deleting the previous Kodi installation) and like with all other builds I tested I have been unable to have Kodi switching the ATV 4K to HDR. I had to also enable the new  option for HEVC HDR accelerated decoding because I was getting very distorted colours in HDR. With that option enabled I see a decent but washed picture due to TV not switching to HDR. All videos I test work fine with Infuse Pro.

The good news is that I could finally have the TV getting the 24Hz signal, but only after changing in Settings/Player the "Adjust display refresh rate" to "On start/stop". So I wonder if there is any other option I have to check to finally get the HDR working. Or if you need any log please let me know what/how.

I have the same problem with HDR, hope someone find a fix or contact the developers if kodi to fix it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 4K - Auto Switch framerate and HDR/SDR0