Req Apple TV 4K - Auto Switch framerate and HDR/SDR
(2018-02-20, 17:58)Memphiz Wrote: Some one alread wrote that it works with appletv4 and tvOS 11.3 beta...

Yes confirmed working perfectly.
Shocked 
(2018-02-20, 17:58)Memphiz Wrote: Some one alread wrote that it works with appletv4 and tvOS 11.3 beta...
 My bad! I just saw the post.
Will there be a 17.7 or updated 17.6 for the Apple TV once your happy with the changes Memphiz? Or are you winding down on the Apple TV side of things?

Reason I ask as I’m not hopeful for v18 to be released due to your reasons mentioned before in previous threads..

Cheers
Which changes are you referring to?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2018-02-21, 19:44)Memphiz Wrote: Which changes are you referring to?
 Enabling the Auto Frame Rate Switching, the select remote button to name two. I am running the standard 17.6 tvOS build. Not updated to the test/nightly builds.
(2018-02-22, 02:35)simon_rb Wrote:
 Enabling the Auto Frame Rate Switching, the select remote button to name two. I am running the standard 17.6 tvOS build. Not updated to the test/nightly builds. 
Auto Frame Rate switching is already in the build.
(2018-02-22, 06:48)kavy Wrote:
(2018-02-22, 02:35)simon_rb Wrote:
Auto Frame Rate switching is already in the build.  

So basically side load the latest on here?

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwin/tvos/

Cheers
Hi,

is framerate switching in the latest Kodi release working with tvOS 11.3 beta only or is it also working with latest tvOS stable.

I expect to get my Apple TV 4K today.

Thanks and greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2018-02-22, 12:53)hoppel118 Wrote: Hi,

is framerate switching in the latest Kodi release working with tvOS 11.3 beta only or is it also working with latest tvOS stable.

I expect to get my Apple TV 4K today.

Thanks and greetings Hoppel
I believe the Apple TV 4K got this at tvOS 11.2, should work from that onwards. Apple TV 4 was a little late to the party and got this at tvOS 11.3 beta..
Ok, thank you! So, I will try the stable release first.
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
There are no stable or unstable releases for atv4 at all - everything is alpha state when it comes to tvOS ... so the latest mentioned in the core testing thread is always what I consider “to be used” ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Do you mean Kodi when you say „everything is alpha state“? Or do you also mean tvOS?

I would take the latest Kodi version from here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwin/tvos/

Where do I find the core testing thread?

Greetings Hoppel

Edit: I found the core testing thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=254201

I am a kodi developer and not an apple developer who develops tvos. You know what i mean with alpha now ...
Ok, thanks for the explanation. Yes, I know it, but for Kodi it was clear even before your last post. [emoji6]

I got my Apple TV yesterday and I am new to this stuff.

Greetings Hoppel

Just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work on getting this sorted.

Refresh rate switching on this deb is 100% working, tested with Incursion this morning on a variety of RD streams.

Well done !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 4K - Auto Switch framerate and HDR/SDR0