v17 Adesso VCR-1100 MCE and KODI long key press
I have been using the Adesso VCR-1100 remote (looks just like the Ortek VCR-1100) for WMC and PLEX and it works fine (with the IR receiver that came with the WMC Adesso VCR-1100 remote) On my Win 7 HTPC.
I am now trying KODI also and all seems fine but it is not working with KODI for the long key press on OK/Select key or Play/Pause.

I have found a workaround in the how to section to add command to other keys. Context Menu and Info are the main ones i am look for, this works but still would like the long key press feature to work.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1949375

but i never seen anyone else complain about the long key press feature not working with these remotes.
So i am wondering if anyone has this working on these remotes from Adesso or Ortek

With some testing i find when i press the OK key it sends the "return" key command VK_RETURN as reported by the ShowKey.exe utility.
When i open Notepad and press and hold the OK key on the remote it only sends one return key press, unlike the real keyboard that repeats after a short delay.
By the way the long key press works on the keyboard at the PC.

I have tried to add keyboard.xml entrys for long key press under both the Global and Virtual keyboard sections for the return key. But did not get it to work.

So any help would be great to try and get this to work.
Or even to just find out it is not possible with this remote and IR combo.

EDIT:
While writing this post i searched on Long press and found many complaints with MCE remotes, so i was searching on VCR-1100 before did not see any reports.
Maybe i will have to live with the workaround.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adesso VCR-1100 MCE and KODI long key press0