Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware
MrMC can be installed directly on to the ATV4k, no need for a Mac. MrMC is a Kodi offshoot, it works very well indeed, don't be put off that's it's not mentioned much around here, this is a Kodi forum, not a MrMC one.

I've got both the Shield and the ATV4k, with the latest SPMC nightly, I'd agree with ozkhan1, there's not much between them. The Google Android environment works very well, Apple is new to me but honestly I'm equally impressed with it.

The one thing ATV4k has over the Shield is more access to 4k movies via iTunes. Bare in mind, I am in the UK, I think in the US, Amazon Prime has 4k movies so maybe not so much of an advantage if you are based there although the iTunes 4k selection is still larger than Amazon's I think and more upto date.

I have had the Shield for about 2 years, I love it but it's only in the last few months that it's went from great to excellent thanks to SPMC/Kodi and firmware updates.  The ATV4k has only been around for about 4 months and is already excellent. Whichever you choose, you'll be getting the best there is!

Oh, one advantage the Shield has over the ATV4k, you can use a mouse on it for Kodi/SPMC. Don't underestimate the power of a mouse!

Now, having said that, I still don't know which one to keep hold of.......!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware - by boris blank - 2018-01-03, 09:09
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware5