v18 how far away from Beta??
Took the plunge and upgraded several of my Android boxes (MiBox, Bravia, Minix U9) to Leia and must say that I'm running in quite some problems with audio passthrough, Video stuttering and audio sync problems (especially with .TS files) as well as general stability issues. Given that Leia is still in alpha that would be expected. With 17.6 being declared final I would think (hope) that a Beta status for 18 would be near?? In the past the Beta's have been quite stable so I'm really asking for some advice - stick with 18 and update frequently to get the bug fixes in or roll back to 17.6 (which is a pain as the downgrade doesn't work and the Backup add-in is broken at the moment)??

BTW - the sync with .TS files also appears in the x86/windows leia nightly version - already rolled that one back as HW interlacing caused stuttering on top of that..

thnx & keep up the good work!!
Hello,

I have been using Leia for months on all my systems with Windows and have no problems with it. Pathtrrough runs clean on a computer with AMD graphics card. With Intel graphics, I have time offset when playing recordings (.ts). Inputstreams from netflix and Amazon played in 24Hz without any drops or stucking. 

Even on a Huawei tablet Leia runs fast and reliable without any problems.

I basically keep the last nightly in the download folder and install it again when a new nightly produces errors.

Uwe
KODI 20 - AEON MQ8 for NEXUS MOD
5 Clients Win11 Pro - WinServer 2016 Essentials - DVBViewer / MediaServer - 2 x DD Duoflex C2/T2 - Duoflex CI - Deltacam 2.0 Twin - Vodafone HD/Sky
(2017-12-05, 14:40)Holzfred Wrote: Hello,

I have been using Leia for months on all my systems with Windows and have no problems with it. Pathtrrough runs clean on a computer with AMD graphics card. With Intel graphics, I have time offset when playing recordings (.ts). Inputstreams from netflix and Amazon played in 24Hz without any drops or stucking. 

Even on a Huawei tablet Leia runs fast and reliable without any problems.

I basically keep the last nightly in the download folder and install it again when a new nightly produces errors.

Uwe
are you running an AVR?? I found that I can get the audio sync fixed if I use directsound rather than Wasapi and video stuttering is gone when using software decoding only. Rate switching is perfect however - that's why I really like Leia - but the workarounds detract too much in sound quality...
(2017-12-05, 14:46)cdvreede Wrote: are you running an AVR?? I found that I can get the audio sync fixed if I use directsound rather than Wasapi and video stuttering is gone when using software decoding only. Rate switching is perfect however - that's why I really like Leia - but the workarounds detract too much in sound quality...
I use DVBLink server on a Homeserver 2011 with open and encrypted programs. As AVR I use a Teufel DecoderStation 7 with Teufel speakers.

I had the problems with WASAPI only in connection with the onboard Intel graphics or an Intel NUC. In addition, 24Hz videos remained black with the Intel. With an NVIDIA card I had constantly crashes at the refresh rate. Since I have the AMD Radeon in my computer, WASAPI works via HDMI and SPDIF and Paththroug in DD and DTS. I turned off transcoding.

Tomorrow I get a new I5 Nuc with Intel Iris GPU. Then we will see what happens.
KODI 20 - AEON MQ8 for NEXUS MOD
5 Clients Win11 Pro - WinServer 2016 Essentials - DVBViewer / MediaServer - 2 x DD Duoflex C2/T2 - Duoflex CI - Deltacam 2.0 Twin - Vodafone HD/Sky

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how far away from Beta??0