MySql database & windows
Hello there,
I'm just arrived in this forum...
I'm having some issues with kodi and mysql sync database... 
So I have this windows PC with Kodi installed on it, on this PC there is a shared folder with movies. I've also installed and correctly configured MySql Server on the same PC.
In kodi I've added that shared folder as source for movies (using SMB protocol, not direclty linking the folder). Also added advancedsettings.xml.
Everything is working fine on this machine.

Now I have this tablet running Android and Kodi. Edited advancedsettings.xml using the IP of the Windows PC. 
After opening Kodi, it finds movies and also detects correctly the view / not view / partially view status, I can also resume the play from a certain point but, when it comes to start, Kodi says that the file is no longer available.
I've searched a lot on google, but I still can't well understand what to do. It seems a permission issue but I still don't know how to fix it. The guide on kodi wiki isn't telling anything about.

Can you please help me? 
Thanks!
You have to make sure you have access rights to that share from Android. Also, AFAIK Android only supports SMBv1 which is disabled in the latest Windows version because of a security issue.
A logfile from the android device would probably help to find the culprit.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
(2017-12-07, 15:52)PH-SYM Wrote: You have to make sure you have access rights to that share from Android. Also, AFAIK Android only supports SMBv1 which is disabled in the latest Windows version because of a security issue.
A logfile from the android device would probably help to find the culprit.
 First of all thanks for your answer... 
Sorry but I Can't understand properly... the shared folder is on Windows, and anyway I've made another test as my tablet is dual boot and also runs Windows. It says the same ... "file no longer exists". 
So the problem is on the windows server, I guess. What to do? And moreover, how to check the log file? Where is it located (both in Android and Windows)? 
Thanks again
The logfile is explained in the blue link in my reply. I assume you don't get the error message on the machine with the shares which means that the path to the movies is probably only working on that machine. Whether that is because you don't have sufficient access rights to these shares from another computer or these shares are unavailable should be clear in the logfile. It might also help if you can check what the actual path to one of the movies is, which can be seen in the "info" screen for a movie.
Can you access the shares in the windows environment on your tablet? If so, are the paths to the movies exactly the same as they are in Kodi?
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySql database & windows0