v18 LiveTV: skipping forward or backward stalls displaying the show for about 10 secs
Hmm, what does it means? It's an addon issue?
(2019-02-17, 17:28)davincino Wrote: Hmm, what does it means? It's an addon issue?
 If tvheadend is supposed to deliver packets not faster than in realtime, it is an addon issue. Otherwise it is a tvheadend issue.
Ok, thank you for your analysis. I will open an issue for the kodi addon.

Tvheadend worked fine until my upgrade from kodi v17 to v18. Together with kodi, also the addon was upgraded.
I have the very same issue on my Vero4K box running OSMC, and also reported this over on the OSMC forums.

I’m finding that if I’m watching TV and hit the "Step Back" button a few times, then the picture goes extremely juddery.

It’s extremely easy to reproduce for me… happens every time.

I can stop the juddering by hitting pause, waiting a few seconds, then hitting play; so that is serving as a decent workaround.

Timeshift is fine on other clients in my setup; when accessing the same TVheadend (v4.2.5 server), those clients do not have this problem:
* Generic HTPC running Kodi 17.6 under LibreELEC 8.2.5
* RPI3 running Kodi 17.6 under LibreELEC 8.2.5

If I do this:
1) Play a TV Channel for a couple of minutes
2) Hit step back a couple of times
3) Immediately Hit Pause
4) Wait 2-3 seconds
5) Hit Play

Then the playback is perfect :-)

If I don’t perform steps 3, 4 & 5 then playback is choppy and unwatchable.
I think, that we recognized and discussed the same issue with the nvidia shield in the following thread:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2799124

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Just upgraded to pvr.hts v4.4.14 and this resolved the problem for me per https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/comm...711d995218
@jahutchi

Hi, thanks for this hint! Yes, it seems as it is solved. Made some tests by skipping backwards and forwards in the timeshift buffer. I haven’t seen any buffering while that tests. But let’s wait and check how it works in daily use. Wink

Yehaaa! Smile Thanks @ksooo

Best regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
that's great news!
I recognized that its not completely perfect, but it’s much more stable than ever.

Regards Hoppel

Hi all,
the issue is fixed for me in version 4.4.15 of the addon (depends on "VideoPlayer: set demuxer speed other than pause and normal #14488" in Kodi)
Nice work, thanks!

However, when I play a recorded show and skip in that, it does not always do it instantly anymore. It used to do instant skipping in recorded shows and have problems with livetv. Now it is the other way around.
(2019-03-05, 10:45)bas.t Wrote: Hi all,
the issue is fixed for me in version 4.4.15 of the addon (depends on "VideoPlayer: set demuxer speed other than pause and normal #14488" in Kodi)
Nice work, thanks!

However, when I play a recorded show and skip in that, it does not always do it instantly anymore. It used to do instant skipping in recorded shows and have problems with livetv. Now it is the other way around.
 @ksooo , @FernetMenta , can you maybe figure out what causes this? As said, the behaviour is inconsistent. With this fixed I can truly say it works PERFECT for me.
So a big thanks to you (and all other devs of course) for your great work!!!

Cheers,
Tycho.
Hi, after recompiling with latest updates, I can't reproduce the behaviour as described in my latest posts anymore.
So that's good news.
Please mark this issue as 'resolved'
Cheers, Tycho.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LiveTV: skipping forward or backward stalls displaying the show for about 10 secs0