Req NVDEC (NVDECODE API) support in Kodi to decode 4K/8K 10-bit/12-bit HDR on Linux?
(2018-08-07, 14:35)AGLyons Wrote:
(2018-08-07, 14:27)MrTarantula Wrote:
(2018-08-07, 03:11)AGLyons Wrote: I would also believe that taking advantage of that in Kodi shouldn't be that difficult and wouldn't take more than a day to hook into the system.

Ever heard of the Dunning-Kruger Effect? 

Well that was rude and unhelpful. Is insulting people a supposed display of your superior interject? 
 It wasn't meant as an insult. I wrote it quickly as mostly a joke. I didn't think about how it may be perceived. I am sincerely sorry.

The point I was trying to make is that you were trivializing the amount of work it takes to add a feature to a large software project. Sometimes a solid week of effort produces only a few hundred lines of code due to scrapped ideas, dead ends, refactorings, and bugs. The mentality of "It should only take a couple of hours/days" or "It's just a checkbox, why is taking so long?" is really pervasive and only serves to undermine and dishearten developers.

If you know without a doubt that it will take no more than a day, then you should also have the knowledge, skills, and tools to make it happen.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVDEC (NVDECODE API) support in Kodi to decode 4K/8K 10-bit/12-bit HDR on Linux? - by MrTarantula - 2018-08-07, 15:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVDEC (NVDECODE API) support in Kodi to decode 4K/8K 10-bit/12-bit HDR on Linux?1