python how to: mutagen.id3
Hi all,

I am working on a python based scraper for LE to fetch cdart&cdcover from fanart.tv with the ultimate end-goal to turn it into a actual addon for the repo. 
It's fully working on any normal Linux/BSD box, and I'm currently ready to move this to my LE for the first test-runs. However for this script to work i will require Mutagen to be installed and accessible on the box. 
Quote:from mutagen.id3 import ID3 

--> ImportError: No module named mutagen.id3
I tried installing the Mutagen addon from the Kodi repo, but this is not working as I still get the same error.

Googleing also didn't shed light on how I can:
- install mutagen on my box so iIcan test-run my script
- at a later stage make it work for other users in case I decide to submit this to the repo 

Is there an easy way to get this working, and if yes: a link to some how-to resource would be highly appreciated.
perhaps you forgot to import mutagen in your addon.xml file?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I did not know this is something I had to do, any online resource I can read about it?
sure: http://kodi.wiki/view/Addon.xml#.3Crequires.3E
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thank you, much appreciated!

I was hoping to take the short-cut and run my script as stand-alone on the OS level first to fix the last few problems before fully turning it into an addon. But now I understand this is not possible as I cannot make the python module available on a system level.

Over the next 2 weeks, i'll be working on 'addon-ing' my script and then it should work as designed. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
python how to: mutagen.id30