Seeking Nexus Player replacement - Fire Stick or Mi Box?
Hi all, I'm looking for some advice on purchasing a new streaming device. I currently have a Nexus Player that has developed issues with its wifi that, to make a long story short, has forced me to take it offline once and for all. In any case, I'm now searching for a replacement as the Nexus Player was the only thing connected to the tv (since its the tv in the den), and I need a replacement so I can start watching tv in my den again! In any case, I'm not looking to spend a lot of money, but I whatever I buy needs to support Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, and, of course, Kodi. Amazon video would be a plus, but is not an absolute requirement as I don't really watch much on Amazon anyhow. After lots of reading, I have narrowed it down to 2 choices, either the Fire Stick or the Mi Box. If the 2nd generation FireTV were still available, I would just order another one of those and be done with it, but I'm not really impressed with the 'new' FireTV, and for the den, I think the stick may be enough, but is the Mi Box worth the $30 extra it costs over the stick? I just want to make an informed purchase.

My typical usage is Netflix and Hulu, with occasional HBO and Prime watching. For Kodi, everything I watch is stored on a local NAS, and is 1080p or lower. The tv in the den doesn't have (and will not be getting) a surround sound system, so I'm just using the tv's speakers. As such, advanced features like audio pass-through and such are really not needed for the tv that the device will be connected to.

Thanks for any tips or pointers!
-George

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seeking Nexus Player replacement - Fire Stick or Mi Box?0