Win Kodi 17.6 not connecting to internet Windows 10 laptop
Hi - 

I started up Kodi(17.6) today and for some reason I could not get access to the internet.  I have been running Kodi on my laptop(Windows 10) for months no issues.  I looked under system information and saw that under network it said not connected.  I know on an android box you have access to wifi.  Kodi uses the Windows 10 internet connection.  I'm on Wifi and have connection.  I've tried everything.  I have not installed any new software over the last few days.  Kodi was working fine up until today.

I've searched through the forums and don't see any fixes for my issue.  If I missed something please point me in the right direction.  I've tried all day to fix this thing and it's very aggravating.

Like I said previously.  It literally stopped working.  I even tried to do a fresh install and same results.

Any suggestions?

Thanks..
Does your laptop have internet access?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-31, 09:54)jdb2017 Wrote: I'm on Wifi and have connection.
He says so here I guess.
@jdb2017, can you supply a logfile so we can determine where the problem might be?
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
(2017-12-31, 10:23)PH-SYM Wrote:
He says so here I guess.
@jdb2017, can you supply a logfile so we can determine where the problem might be? 
 My laptop does have a connection.  Where is the log file - since I've uninstalled and re-installed kodi it would probably help.  I just hooked up my kodi tv box - android - immediately connected to the internet.  How do I get you the log file?

Thanks.

Jim
He says so here I guess.

Sure. But I see Wifi connection and internet connection as two different things.

I can disconnect the internet at home, yet still have wifi.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-12-31, 10:49)Karellen Wrote:
He says so here I guess.

Sure. But I see Wifi connection and internet connection as two different things.

I can disconnect the internet at home, yet still have wifi. 
 Well.....I thought I was clear that I had Kodi installed on my laptop - windows 10 - My laptop has internet access through wifi - without being rude -  Kodi should be using the laptops connection - regardless of Wifi or direct connect.  It has been for well over 2 years now.  I know we all have had this happen - When you go to start a program - it just doesn't work.  I have made no system changes or windows updates to have Kodi just stop working in a 24 hour period.   It's driving me crazy.  But I will get a log posted.  It's 5:00 A.M here - going nite nite.  Thanks all for the input.  Can't wait to see what is causing this.
Still waiting for that Debug log (wiki). We can't tell what's going on in your installation without it.

Make sure you've familiarised yourself with the Forum rules (wiki) and Piracy policy (wiki) as we will be unable to offer support if your installation contains elements that violate these rules.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2017-12-31, 16:30)Dangelus Wrote: Still waiting for that Debug log (wiki). We can't tell what's going on in your installation without it.

Make sure you've familiarised yourself with the Forum rules (wiki) and Piracy policy (wiki) as we will be unable to offer support if your installation contains elements that violate these rules.
 Sorry for the delay.  Was 5:0-0 a.m. time for bed here.  I'll review the link and supply the log as soon as I get  a chance.  New Years here and family over.  Appreciate the help - will be back soon.  Thanks..
(2017-12-31, 17:55)jdb2017 Wrote:
(2017-12-31, 16:30)Dangelus Wrote: Still waiting for that Debug log (wiki). We can't tell what's going on in your installation without it.

Sorry for the delay.  Was 5:0-0 a.m. time for bed here.  I'll review the link and supply the log as soon as I get  a chance.  New Years here and family over.  Appreciate the help - will be back soon.  Thanks.. 
 I've tried to execute the instructions above regarding submitting the log and Kodi is telling me it can't connect to the repository.  I tried this a couple of days ago and thought I posted this but I guess I didn't..  Anyway - I can't connect to the repository because I don't have internet....I'm pretty sure that's why the error.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Are you trying to connect to the Repository to install the Log Uploader add-on? If yes, then upload the log manually as follows...

The log file is named kodi.log and it is located in C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata. You must locate this log file and copy it's contents to a public pastebin type site as follows:
  1. Navigate to the kodi directory as described above, and locate the file named kodi.log
  2. Open the file with Notepad and copy all the contents of the document
  3. Locate a Pastebin type site. Two examples are https://pastebin.com/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com/
  4. Paste the contents of the kodi.log file
  5. Press Paste or Generate
  6. When the screen refreshes with your paste, copy the entire address in the address bar and paste it into a new message in your thread
My Signature
(2018-01-02, 23:25)jdb2017 Wrote:  I've tried to execute the instructions above regarding submitting the log and Kodi is telling me it can't connect to the repository.  I tried this a couple of days ago and thought I posted this but I guess I didn't..  Anyway - I can't connect to the repository because I don't have internet....I'm pretty sure that's why the error.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Start kodi
Enable debug logging
Stop kodi
Start kodi
Reproduce the error
Stop kodi
Find kodi.log (see the wiki for location), open it in a text editor and copy it
Paste the log to a paste site (eg pastebin.com), submit and get the url
Paste the url here
Cross fingers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.6 not connecting to internet Windows 10 laptop0