Solved Stick with OpenElec on RPI or use different OS?
Hi,
I've recently rebuilt my Raspberry Pi B from an old version of OpenElec and Kodi 14 to a new version of OpenElec and Kodi 17. Unfortunately I'm experiencing issues (TV shows not scanning, slow artwork, unable to export video library, etc.).
Should I be able to use current versions of OpenElec on this hardware or is there a better alternative?
Thanks
Upgrade to LibreElec - you can even upgrade from your existing OpenElec setup.

See about half way down the link below, or just start fresh.

https://libreelec.tv/downloads/
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-01-01, 19:18)DarrenHill Wrote: Upgrade to LibreElec - you can even upgrade from your existing OpenElec setup.

See about half way down the link below, or just start fresh.

https://libreelec.tv/downloads/
 Thank you. I'm happy to give this a go and might even try tonight.
Can you summarise what the benefits of upgrading are or point me at something to do the same? No worries if you can't, I'd just like to know more.
Upgraded to LibreElec, just configuring now. Tried an update but mistakingly dropped the RPI2/3 image on when I should have used the RPI1 image. It's currently scanning the libraries now.
Tx
LibreElec is a fork of OpenElec (hence the easy upgrade from one to the other) with a much larger team and better support. There is some history of the forum on their site if you want to know the background.

But it's more actively maintained and up to date, and doesn't suffer the scraper issue that OpenElec currently has.

Basically LibreElec works... ;-)
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-01-01, 23:16)DarrenHill Wrote: LibreElec is a fork of OpenElec (hence the easy upgrade from one to the other) with a much larger team and better support. There is some history of the forum on their site if you want to know the background.

But it's more actively maintained and up to date, and doesn't suffer the scraper issue that OpenElec currently has.

Basically LibreElec works... ;-)
 Thank you.
Just checking back in. Upgrading to LibreElec seems to work and resolved the artwork issues I was having.
Thanks again.
You're welcome, glad to hear it

Kodi Blog Posts
Thread marked solved.

Kodi Blog Posts
PMFJIH, but how do you mark a thread as "Solved"?  Is that something only the moderators can do?
(2018-01-08, 06:33)manthony121 Wrote: PMFJIH, but how do you mark a thread as "Solved"?  Is that something only the moderators can do?
The Moderators can do it.

The owner of the first post in the thread can do a Full Edit on their own post, and select "Solved" from the drop down list in the Thread title.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stick with OpenElec on RPI or use different OS?0