SMB over VPN
I have a VPN setup to connect to my home network and access content from outside the home.
If I connect to my VPN from a Windows PC it connects and Kodi will will play stuff in the library fron the now "remote" network.
I can connect to the VPN on my android device, I can browse the PC with ES File Explorer, but Kodi will not access, i get "connection refused" when trying to add source again or "connection timed out" when trying to access existing source.

It works fine on my android device when I am actually at home.
Any ideas?

Thank you
That's beyond what we would support here - we're not a VPN provider or support forum.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
OK thanks for the reply, just wondered, couldn't think of anywhere else to ask the question as it works from PC via home VPN (I'm not using a VPN provider, i just have media library on a win 10 PC at home which is set up to accept incoming connections via VPN), i can access the files individually from Android via ES Explorer over VPN its just Kodi refuses to connect to the file shares on Android when it does on windows.
Thanks anyway, I guess ill have to live without.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB over VPN0