Android Season 1 missing from every single TV show!
I've been cleaning my library on my Windows pc and ensuring all tv shows have been scraped correctly.

Using the same hard drives, and same file structure, I plugged them into my Minix U9-H and installed kodi. Scraping worked well in most instances except two things have happened:

1) Every single TV show's Season 1 folder is missing. All of them.

2) A new library entry has been created called AITV, which contains over 350 files.

Turns out some of these episodes in that folder of 350 files were not in a season sub - folder so I created those subfolders and rescanned. I expected it to go down but now it's showing 500 episodes!

The second thing I can deal with but it is the missing Season 1 folder from every show that's really frustrating. Every show. Bear in mind this is the exact same file structure that Windows Kodi had no problems with.

Is this a known thing? I couldn't find anything on t'internet about it.
Hello demonboy

At a guess, there are two reasons this is happening, but cannot confirm until I see a debug log (wiki).

Also, Season folders are irrelevant to Kodi and are completely ignored.

You will need to provide a Debug_Log (wiki). The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, remove from the library a couple of these TV Shows that are problematic, restart Kodi then run an Update Library. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-04, 01:53)demonboy Wrote: 1) Every single TV show's Season 1 folder is missing. All of them.

Did you name every file in the season 1 folder correctly (S01Exx)? If not, that is your problem.

Also, don't use any special characters when naming stuff, these tend to mess up Kodi when doing library scans.
Hey guys, sorry for the delayed reply, I'm not often online. Appreciate your feedback. I'm going to look into this today.
Just to confirm - I presume the episode can also have the name of the episode somewhere within the file name. So 'episode name s01e01.mkv' will still get picked up ok? I've checked the wiki and it suggests that this is ok. I wonder if I need to include an underscore before the episode number though? Some examples are:

AbFab.S01E01.Fashion.mkv

Broadchurch.S01E01.720p.BluRay.x264-SHORTBREHD.mkv

Is it best practice to remove all of that extra info? Because Kodi seems quite capable of picking these up ok, but it doesn't explain the missing season one issue.

Also, I thought that Kodi could work out the remaining episodes providing at least one of them (the first episode) was s01e01. So in Series one of program X I have six episodes. The first is named s01e01 but the remaining are labelled just e02.mkv, e03.mkv. Is that bad practice?
Hi Karellen,

Log file here.

Interestingly when I went through my library and correctly labelled a TV series, rather than subtracting the files from that AI TV folder, it actually increased in content. It's like that folder contains all my TV episodes.

LMK if you need anything else. Thanks for your help.
No, each file is treated individually. Having one named S01E01 won't make any difference at all to others that are just labelled E02, E03 etc.

How it works is the folder name (of the folder set in the scraper as "Selected folder containing a single TV show") is what is used to determine which database entry the scraper should look for in its database. The content of that folder can either be the episodes, or it can have sub-folders containing them if you wish (for example a sub-folder for individual seasons or specials). The key point is to not mix different shows together (shows that have different entries in the scraper database) and most importantly to get the setting to identify the folder as containing a single TV show at the right level in the folder tree.

The wiki entry on naming TV shows (wiki) has more details. It's a bit different from movies as TV shows of course have multiple files (individual episodes) associated with them, whereas movies are typically just a single file (perhaps with associated files like nfo (wiki) or subtitles, but only one containing the played back media).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for the confirmation, Darren.
(2018-01-05, 15:18)demonboy Wrote: Hi Karellen,

Log file here.

Interestingly when I went through my library and correctly labelled a TV series, rather than subtracting the files from that AI TV folder, it actually increased in content. It's like that folder contains all my TV episodes.

To fix the issue, you need to not only Update your Library, but you also have to Clean it as well. This will add the correctly fixed files, and remove the original mislabeled ones.
(2018-01-05, 17:59)Powerhouse Wrote:
(2018-01-05, 15:18)demonboy Wrote: Hi Karellen,

Log file here.

To fix the issue, you need to not only Update your Library, but you also have to Clean it as well. This will add the correctly fixed files, and remove the original mislabeled ones. 
 This may have helped as the AI TV folder now only contains 451 files, not 530 or whatever it was. I still don't understand how this has been generated in the first place though, and it appears to contain correctly labelled TV shows too (as in they are correctly labelled on the hard drive but are labelled as episodes of AITV within Kodi). Also cleaning the library has not helped with the missing Season 1 folders in every single TV episode.

I have generated another log file here.
OK, made some progress. Decided to remove that ALTV reference altogether and then rescanned the library. Now it has picked up many of the Series 1 folders but the ALTV folder has reappeared, although this time with only 80-odd files, which is something. I think I need to go through it again and see if there are any spurious episodes that have been named incorrectly, update the library, delete the ALTV folder again, clean it and rescan once more. 

I wonder if this was caused by a wobbly initial scan when I first set up Kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Season 1 missing from every single TV show!0