Disable Win10 "Night light" when Kodi is running
Windows 10 got a "Night light" feature in a recent update. This feature warms the white balance, by default I think it's active between 21:00 and 07:00. I think the feature is great; it really reduces eye strain in the evenings.

Unfortunately, it seems to activate automatically also when Kodi is running, drastically changing the colors of the video (the change happens very slowly, so I have occasionally been left wondering what's wrong with the video colors before realizing Night light just got activated). Currently users have to remember to manually deactivate the Night light schedule before running Kodi, and reactivate it afterwards.

It would be great if Kodi could automatically pause Night light while running, at least while viewing a video. (I have no idea whether this is actually possible.)
Good tip for windows 10 users, Kodi is cross platform open source development. It would be difficult to program for one specific platform with one specific o/s without having some global negative influence. Of course it could be done, anything is possible in Kodi; question of developer time and interest would be factors that might inhibit.
I don't know Kodi's stack, so I can't outright deny your claim; however, it's certainly not a general truth. I develop apps for multiple platforms and do platform-specific features all the time. It may be a bit harder to implement than I would ideally like, but it has never led to any "global negative influence" (unless you're talking about the actual code complexity, in which case it's a trivial statement, because that's the case for all features).

In any case, thanks for replying. Smile
Sure, glad to put in my two cents and we look forward to code contributions in this area.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable Win10 "Night light" when Kodi is running0