[Feature Request] Improve 3D H-TB resolution handling
Hello,

When the movie has a smaller resolution (in my case 1920x804) kodi plays the movie with black bars at the top/bottom of the screen.
So far no problem. But when the movie has top/bottom 3D content it is also required to add black bars in between the two images to center both images properly.

Example:
1) Movie has 1920x1080 -> No black bars -> TV splits the image in the center -> No issue
2) Movie has 1920x1080 but with embedded black bars -> Same as 1)
3.1) Movie has 1920x804 -> Black bars gets added to the top and bottom -> TV splits the image in the center -> Left eye has a top black bar, right eye got a bottom black bar
3.2) Desired behavior: Movie has 1920x804 -> Kodi must split the image in the center and add black bars to the top and bottom for each of the sides -> TV splits the image in the center -> No issue

Not sure if this is possible at all for kodi to handle such an image transformation. But I would love to see this feature in the future.
What happens if you use Vertical Shift, and move the video all the way to the top or bottom?
(Not sure if that is supported with 3D content...)
are these H-TAB without black bars even some sort of standard? I always thought TAB must have the black bars and everything else is not according to "scene specs"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature Request] Improve 3D H-TB resolution handling0