MySQL usage questions?
So in my addon I am about to start the implementation of sqlite3 db. So far so good already have made a few test runs to make sure I am in the right direction.

With that I personally run a MySQL database for my kodi clients I have 4 or 5 that share data... with kodi I can just add the database name and username and password to the 

advancedsetting.xml and we are good to go... 

with that can I add a connection to MySQL db from python?
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
No, if Python addons need to use some kind of a database, they work with the database independently of the Kodi core. There is script.module.myconnpy addon that provides a MySQL database driver that you can use.

However, I need to warn you that direct access to Kodi databases (not your separate addon database) is strongly discouraged and such addons are not accepted in the official addon repository.
Yeah this has no attachment to Kodi database...I will be using my own separate sqlite3 database for the add-on.. I feel the database should help speed up list population after the initial run. The part of using mysql is more personal benfit for future ideas as it would be nice for my add-on to scan at on client and all others be updated .

And thanks I will see if I can connect and create using that module.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL usage questions?0