• 12(current)
PVR Simple SQL Client w/ Recording
(2018-01-10, 19:18)el_gonz87 Wrote: UPDATE: Released to public https://github.com/gonzalo-hvega/pvr.iptvsimple

This is my first project for Kodi, but basically I took a fork of IPTV Simple Client that had basic recording capabilities but did not work very well, so I refactor the code and added a few new capabilities:
1) HD recording with H.264 and AAC encoding
2) Reads EPG data and writes it to file (this helps so that if you have EPG, the recording will have all relevant info such as plot, thumbnail, etc..)
3) Recording data is imported back into Kodi (screen shot below)

Here are some screens:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Things still left to do:
1) Implement API functions for playback of recordings within Kodi (the last screen is playback but not from within Kodi, it is from movie player in linux)
2) Fix small bug which causes Kodi to stop stream and return to guide when starting recording while watching the same channel
3) Add defensive programming (check drive space, connection to network drives, etc..)
4) Merge latest IPTV updates from official addon

It is pretty bare bones right now, but works very well.

Currently only built and tested in Linux, but I plan to port to Android Armv7.

Don't have a timeline yet, I'm just a begginer so bear with me if release takes a bit of time, I want it to be stable and not mess up peoples systems!

Hi el_gonz87

are there any news about a Android version of this great Project?

Many thx for your work.

cheers
Leia version?
I would also love to have the Arm port for FireTV Stick!
Hi,

I saw this project just this week and thought I'd give it a chance, especially since for whatever reason IPTV Recorder didn't work for me. So, seeing that Gonzalo hasn't answered in a while, I took his repo and created my own(based on his Tongue; inception deluxe). I also made some fixes since the code didn't compile, at least not with Leia. There were also some other issues with duration times not being correctly written to the .flv file when recording a stream with no EPG. There were some other Kodi addon implementation specific functions that needed to be imeplemented as well.

Anyway, for those interested you can either: clone the repo and play around or I added a .zip-file which is the pre-built addon.
NOTE: I did this with Ubuntu 18.04 and Kodi Leia. If you want to do this on your own platform you'll have to clone the repo and build the addon for that specific platform.
Link: https://github.com/maxpo452/IPTV-Simple-...-KODI-Leia

Anyway, I hope this helps someone. Have a good one!
(2020-02-04, 20:42)maxpo452 Wrote: Hi,

I saw this project just this week and thought I'd give it a chance, especially since for whatever reason IPTV Recorder didn't work for me. So, seeing that Gonzalo hasn't answered in a while, I took his repo and created my own(based on his Tongue; inception deluxe). I also made some fixes since the code didn't compile, at least not with Leia. There were also some other issues with duration times not being correctly written to the .flv file when recording a stream with no EPG. There were some other Kodi addon implementation specific functions that needed to be imeplemented as well.

Anyway, for those interested you can either: clone the repo and play around or I added a .zip-file which is the pre-built addon.
NOTE: I did this with Ubuntu 18.04 and Kodi Leia. If you want to do this on your own platform you'll have to clone the repo and build the addon for that specific platform.

This is AWESOME!!!! Will this work on the LibreElec 9 platform? If not I am willing to pay you to compile it!
(2020-02-04, 21:44)MrGenius1 Wrote:

This is AWESOME!!!! Will this work on the LibreElec 9 platform? If not I am willing to pay you to compile it!  
Hey,

I haven't used LibreElec, but I assume it's for the Pi? In that case it would need to be re-compiled for ARM. I'll see what I can do in the next couple of days.

/Max
(2020-02-05, 00:11)maxpo452 Wrote:

Hey,

I haven't used LibreElec, but I assume it's for the Pi? In that case it would need to be re-compiled for ARM. I'll see what I can do in the next couple of days.

/Max 

I run LibreElec my main box that is x64 but I do have one install that is on the Pi that I'm experimenting with.
(2020-02-05, 00:11)maxpo452 Wrote:

Hey,

/Max 

Sounds good, thanks.

I tried to install it on my android Minix box and it wouldn't install.

Looking forward to trying it.
To be honest I was torn between this plugin and IPTV Recorder, but found neither of them reliable enough. Ended up setting TvHeadEnd on my Raspberry Pi3 + TvHeadEnd Client in Kodi. Much better experience. Scheduling recording actually works with no issues. No need to have anything turned on for that except RPI. Can schedule/record either from Kodi or Browser...
I think I managed to build it of LibreElec 9.2. There's a "Builds" folder in the repo now containing both the Ubuntu .zip and the LibreElec .zip. You can give it a go and see if it works. Also keep in mind it's for x86 and not ARM or Pi. But since I have the toolchain already setup I would believe it might be pretty fast to compile it for LibreElec for the different Pi versions as well.

Anyway, try it and we'll see if it works. Smile
(2020-02-05, 19:38)maxpo452 Wrote: I think I managed to build it of LibreElec 9.2. There's a "Builds" folder in the repo now containing both the Ubuntu .zip and the LibreElec .zip. You can give it a go and see if it works. Also keep in mind it's for x86 and not ARM or Pi. But since I have the toolchain already setup I would believe it might be pretty fast to compile it for LibreElec for the different Pi versions as well.

Hey Max, could you please build it for Libreelec 9.2 for ARM please? I would like to try it out on my RPi3b+ as it looks very good. Thanks in advance.
(2020-02-05, 19:38)maxpo452 Wrote: I think I managed to build it of LibreElec 9.2. There's a "Builds" folder in the repo now containing both the Ubuntu .zip and the LibreElec .zip. You can give it a go and see if it works. Also keep in mind it's for x86 and not ARM or Pi. But since I have the toolchain already setup I would believe it might be pretty fast to compile it for LibreElec for the different Pi versions as well.

Thanks for your efforts on this. I am running CoreELEC 9.2 (an AMLogic Chipset focused fork of LibreELEC, generally stuff for LibreELEC works on CoreELEC, as a lot of the code is shared.) The box i am running CoreELEC on is arm based with S905x chipset (i also have some boxes running CoreELEC with S912 chipset, but i have not tried installing on those yet)

i just tried there LibreElec 9.2 version, but unfortunately it failed to install - actually it did install, but fails to start (i also tried all the RPi versions with same result)
(2020-03-05, 13:19)thecubasekid Wrote:

Thanks for your efforts on this. I am running CoreELEC 9.2 (an AMLogic Chipset focused fork of LibreELEC, generally stuff for LibreELEC works on CoreELEC, as a lot of the code is shared.) The box i am running CoreELEC on is arm based with S905x chipset (i also have some boxes running CoreELEC with S912 chipset, but i have not tried installing on those yet)

i just tried there LibreElec 9.2 version, but unfortunately it failed to install - actually it did install, but fails to start (i also tried all the RPi versions with same result) 
Yep, I know. The LibreElec build system was trolling me a little. The .so-files included in the .zip were somehow for x86, so that's why it doesn't work. The .so-files for ARM were in a different place for some reason Smile. I re-uploaded the Builds-folder, so you can give it a go. I hope everything is correct this time Smile
(2020-03-08, 15:17)maxpo452 Wrote:
(2020-03-05, 13:19)thecubasekid Wrote:
(2020-02-05, 19:38)maxpo452 Wrote: thI think I managed to build it of LibreElec 9.2. There's a "Builds" folder in the repo now containing both the Ubuntu .zip and the LibreElec .zip. You can give it a go and see if it works. Also keep in mind it's for x86 and not ARM or Pi. But since I have the toolchain already setup I would believe it might be pretty fast to compile it for LibreElec for the different Pi versions as well.

Yep, I know. The LibreElec build system was trolling me a little. The .so-files included in the .zip were somehow for x86, so that's why it doesn't work. The .so-files for ARM were in a different place for some reason Smile. I re-uploaded the Builds-folder, so you can give it a go. I hope everything is correct this time Smile  
Thanks for trying again, i just tried but still error im afraid - i get the below when updating

ERROR: Unable to load /storage/.kodi/addons/pvr.iptvsimple/pvr.iptvsimple.so.4.0.1, reason: /storage/.kodi/addons/pvr.iptvsimple/pvr.iptvsimple.so.4.0.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

by the way although the chip set / CoreELEC is x64 version, it appears to be running x86 Kodi as i see the below printed on startup...

Starting Kodi (18.5 Git:cf5ad23bf0c35c78e81f1ae65e47514cbd7e1aec). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit
2020-03-10 12:21:30.147 T:4087914512  NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x32 build
2020-03-10 12:21:30.147 T:4087914512  NOTICE: Kodi compiled 2019-11-27 by GCC 8.3.0 for Linux ARM 32-bit version 3.14.29 (200221)
2020-03-10 12:21:30.147 T:4087914512  NOTICE: Running on CoreELEC (official): 9.2.1, kernel: Linux ARM 64-bit version 3.14.29 aarch64
2020-03-10 12:21:30.147 T:4087914512  NOTICE: FFmpeg version/source: 4.0.4-Kodi
(2020-03-10, 18:01)thecubasekid Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 15:17)maxpo452 Wrote:
(2020-03-05, 13:19)thecubasekid Wrote: Thanks for your efforts on this. I am running CoreELEC 9.2 (an AMLogic Chipset focused fork of LibreELEC, generally stuff for LibreELEC works on CoreELEC, as a lot of the code is shared.) The box i am running CoreELEC on is arm based with S905x chipset (i also have some boxes running CoreELEC with S912 chipset, but i have not tried installing on those yet)

Thanks for trying again, i just tried but still error im afraid - i get the below when updating

ERROR: Unable to load /storage/.kodi/addons/pvr.iptvsimple/pvr.iptvsimple.so.4.0.1, reason: /storage/.kodi/addons/pvr.iptvsimple/pvr.iptvsimple.so.4.0.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

by the way although the chip set / CoreELEC is x64 version, it appears to be running x86 Kodi as i see the below printed on startup...

Starting Kodi (18.5 Git:cf5ad23bf0c35c78e81f1ae65e47514cbd7e1aec). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit
2020-03-10 12:21:30.147 T:4087914512  NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x32 build
2020-03-10 12:21:30.147 T:4087914512  NOTICE: Kodi compiled 2019-11-27 by GCC 8.3.0 for Linux ARM 32-bit version 3.14.29 (200221)
2020-03-10 12:21:30.147 T:4087914512  NOTICE: Running on CoreELEC (official): 9.2.1, kernel: Linux ARM 64-bit version 3.14.29 aarch64
2020-03-10 12:21:30.147 T:4087914512  NOTICE: FFmpeg version/source: 4.0.4-Kodi       
Update! it seems i got my zips mixed up, too many pvr.iptvsimple zips (i tried lots of versions looking for something that will record, but more importantly for me pause Live TV!') Anyhow i got it installed and running and i now see a recording Icon yey!!!

unfortunately i cant get it to record, i created a folder that Kodi has write privileges to and pointed to it in the addon config, but when i try to record it just blinks for a moment and does not record.  I get the below in kodi log

'Path to ffmpeg binary is not set. Please change addon configuration'

i looked in config, and the only options i see to set paths are;

'path to avconv binary'
'path to ffprobe binary'

i have no idea what i should set or what the paths should be. i believe ffmpeg is in CoreELEC, and i also installed the Libre/CoreELEC addon 'ffmpeg tools' that i believe includes ffprobe, but not sure what i do next.

do you know what i should be putting in the needed fields in config, or how i ascertain what the correct paths are? i can get in with putty on ssh if there are commands i could run that may tell me the paths?

Thanks!!!
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Simple SQL Client w/ Recording11