Force local -trailer instead youtube addon
Lightbulb 
Hello Kodi community,

I'd like to know if there is a way to force local trailer stored in your movies folder ("-trailer" at the end of the file name) instead using youtube streaming when "auto show trailer" is enabled ?

I would be very grateful for your help.
Mine already uses the local trailer, but my trailers are saved as "movie-trailer" instead of "[moviename]-trailer".  Maybe try renaming one and test if that works?

Hope that helps
(2018-01-11, 00:39)104084485 Wrote:  my trailers are saved as "movie-trailer"
 Yes , this is what i did and i put it into the same folder. I also tried to update the library but nothing it still uses youtube addon. :/

I'm using Titan beta on 17.6
Hello woxxi,

To scrape trailers you must...
1. Have the trailer named correctly. It must be named the exact same as the movie file with -trailer at the end with no spaces
2. Have the trailer saved in the correct location. It must be saved in the same location as the playable file for the movie.
3. The trailer must be there at the time of scraping. It cannot be added later
4. Optionally if you only want to use local trailers is to disable Trailers in the Scraper settings.

An example...
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017).m2ts
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017)-trailer.m2ts

When you scraped the movie, it downloaded the info for Trailers and ignored your local Trailer for one of the reasons mentioned above.

You need to go into your scraper settings and disable "Scrape Trailers". Problem is that you still have the online trailer address in your database, so you will need to remove the movie from the Library and re-scrape. This time it will see your local trailer as long as it is saved in the correct location and correctly named.

Naming of trailers should be <moviefilename>-trailer.ext
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi,

sorry to bring this thread up again, but I have a similiar problem. With Titan it seems that local trailers are only played if in the database a path to a local trailer is set. In Estuary it seems, if the db field is clear, it will search for a local trailer. Could this behavior be also implemented in Titan so that it is not necessary to do a re-scrape. In this case, one would have to just clear the database field (as I did) and the local trailers would be played...

thanks, Hermann
@hermann_x5

The skin does not control the scraping of trailers. That is controlled by Kodi core. The only way to get trailers into the database is to scrape them at the time of scraping the movie.

If you have local trailers but Kodi scraped online versions instead, it most likely means that your trailers are not named correctly or they were not there at the time of scraping the movie.

No, there will be no changes in Kodi core to allow you to chop and change trailer links at will. It is a scraping requirement.

Also re-read my previous post as I have modified to add additional information for others that may ask similar questions.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Karellen,

thanks for answering - maybe I didn't explain correctly. I did not have the online paths in the database anymore, because I deleted them. So, the C19 field of the movie table was completely empty.
What I then saw was, that with the default skin, automatically the local trailer was played (probably just looking in the directory directly for the trailer file), with Titan it was not.
But it doesn't matter anymore as I was just updating the database with a little sql "magic" and now I have all the local paths in the db and Titan as well as all other skins and add-ons correctly play the local trailer...

thanks, anyway
Hermann

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Force local -trailer instead youtube addon0