List ALL movies
Lightbulb 
Hello
I do not understand why you have chosen the current implementation, but it seems to me very inconvenient - maybe you had your reasons which I totally do not understand. Why movies and tv series that are not scraped are not listed? I have to go to FILES to search for them which makes the MOVIES section totally useless to me as not knowing if my files will be there I have to totally ignore it and always go to the FILES section.

Why not just show the unscraped files with a default unknown icon in the MOVIES section?
I see many threads with people complaining about this as if the files are not listed they can not identify them and have to use extra adons and enable logging to do that. It just makes not sense for something that is a very common situation.

I see that KODI is a powerful tool, but I prefer ARCHOS Video Player as it is much simpler and has much cleaner interface because of the above issue which makes KODI unusable for me.
I really hope that you can consider this request.
No, I don't really understand the request. You want unscraped files to show up in the library for scraped files, even though that is why you have the Videos>Files section. You know if you named your files correctly, or at least put in a bit of effort, you could have the perfect movie and TV Show listing like the rest of us. Laziness is not a consideration when designing.

If you are happy with ARCHOS Video Player, then I urge you to stick with it.

You know, for a self proclaimed software engineer, you like to complain rather than contribute to this volunteer project.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Or try the missing movies addon which shows what has not been scraped. Then you can fix them. If they have not scraped, it is usually operator error (and usually naming).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hello Karellen
Such attitude does not help - typical reply from a programmer. Besides being a "self proclaimed software engineer" I have been a Project Manager for over 15 years and I have seen a lot of guys like you.
I have already wasted time to give you some feedback. A reaction from a normal person would be to think a little bit over the suggestion and try to understand it - not to write some nonsense quarrelsome crap without even pointing any constructive facts.
Anyway I see no point in explaining further as I see no adequate behavior on your side. Good luck with your public project for "Personal use".
So I am supposed to accept and understand your point of view, but you can completely disregard and mock my point of view?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-16, 14:07)mcdr Wrote: Such attitude does not help - typical reply from a programmer. Besides being a "self proclaimed software engineer" I have been a Project Manager for over 15 years and I have seen a lot of guys like you.
If you are here to start a pissing contest, please take your problems elsewhere.
Talking shit to people who are actually trying to help you is really not the best way to make friends here.

Kodi is probably not the home theater solution for you. Simply move on.
Shenanigans!

You've been a project manager for over 15 years and you still haven't figured out that hyperbolic rants are a poor way to communicate your ideas to the folks that would actually do the work?

I do agree on the basic "request" that is buried in here, though: I would like Kodi to be able to add unmatched items to the database with just the title (and year, season/ep #) that it can pull from the filename. I just don't want to spend much time managing my library, so I'd prefer everything to be as automated and "at hand" as possible. I believe that it will be fairly straightforward for new Python scrapers to add an option to do this for movies, as long as they are in a "movie" source folder. A mixed folder of random TV episodes may be more complicated, but I think this could still be helpful in an organized library, for extras that don't quite belong on the web services; just the title can be enough.
Hahaha if I would have such a self proclaiming 15 years of experience project manager he wouldn't last long [emoji14]
People like that just waste time of people who actually know what they are talking about and are just adding static noise to the work process without helping.

Oh and btw where were you 15 years ago when this program started and you could have added your "contribution" how it should have been done?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@rmrector I totally agree - this is exactly what I meant. There should be an option to list all files even if they are not scraped.
If one wants to have items missing can disable the option - I believe no user will ever do that.

Anyway...I do not want to argue with anyone - I see typical programmer (~=hater) responses claiming they have the greatest design and code in the world Wink

I never meant to offend anyone nor I wrote that you are self-proclaimed developers right? I wrote that something in the app does not make much sense and I am not the only one that claims this - If that is offensive - I am sorry - I see no way to say it softer.
I could check the source, but I am way too busy now. Generally I think this should be quite easy to implement - just check the new flag and do not discard the files that are not matched.
(2018-02-11, 23:24)mcdr Wrote: Generally I think this should be quite easy to implement - just check the new flag and do not discard the files that are not matched.
Ahh, simple. I don't know why our developers didn't see the solution
My Signature
Being ironic makes people look even dumber than they are Wink maybe it is good to stop at certain point of dumbness.
I suppose another thing that makes people look truly dumb, is when they are quite insistent about how easy something is, yet have no idea, and will not perform the "easy" task themselves. Wink
My Signature
Actually I intended to check the sources, but with such friendly community I am not very sure now. Having in mind that Archos is now open source too and needs very little to be added to make it perfect maybe it deserves more attention. It needs just to make possible loading subs with name different than the file name and add some more info to the player navigation screen. Overall it is a very good player. I am not arguing with you again - it usually plays smoother than kodi most of the content.
Thread closed.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
List ALL movies0