[split] Kodi can't see files on NAS [NFS/SMB] after changing the router
Hi,

I have the exact same problem.
Replaced my Dlink DIR655 router with Linksys WRT3200ACM.

I can access the shares via Windows10.
I can see the shares in Kodi but cannot access them.

With my Dlink router no problem at all.

Regards,
Dave
(2018-01-18, 11:32)Dave1973 Wrote: I can see the shares in Kodi but cannot access them.
What device is Kodi running on? Windows, Linux, Android, LibreELEC..?

Also, most of the time with a new router, there is the chance that your network devices receive different IP addresses.
Kodi stores full paths in the video library. Any deviation from those, and your videos cannot be found.

PS: i have split your post from the old topic/thread you posted in.
Kodi is running on OpenElec (raspberry pi).
The device on which Kodi is running receives an IP in the range of 192.168.1.* from my new router (linksys wrt3200acm).
This (192.168.1.*) is what I also enterned in the NFS rule of my shared media folder of my Synology NAS (DS209+ and DS111).

On my Windows10 laptop, I can access this shared folder (via MS file explorer) and play the movies. This is probably because this is going via SMB.
I did not configure the NAS in a way that my Kodi device could connect via SMB. (Because it worked via NFS with the previous router Dlink-DIR655)

I also use the Kodi device to record TV programs via DVBlink which is running on the Synology DS111. Watching the recorded TV programs works just fine on Kodi.  (Seems that this TV programming streaming works differently than just playing movies from a NFS share ....)

Any help is appreciated.
Kind regards.
For starters, OpenELEC is currently outdated as far as movie and tvshow scraping is concerned.
You are advised to 'upgrade' to LibreELEC for that.

A DS209+ & NFS is actually giving me a headache as well. With a LibreELEC box and LE 8.2.2 it seems quite a handful to get the two to work together for some reason. For now it still works with SMBv1 (don't tell anyone).

I don't use any DVB/T stuff, so that is above my pay grade.
(2018-01-18, 17:44)Klojum Wrote: A DS209+ & NFS is actually giving me a headache as well. With a LibreELEC box and LE 8.2.2 it seems quite a handful to get the two to work together for some reason.
I'm surprised by that, since it's underlying OS technology, rather than application-level stuff (unless you're referring to doing the networking from within Kodi).

If /etc/exports (off NAS) and /etc/fstab (off the client) are posted here, people could offer some diagnosis.
I had the DSM209+ working just fine a few years ago with the then current XBMC applicatoin, but changed to Ubuntu and its NFS Server, as I needed to fit more than two drives. Ubuntu has worked fine ever since. But re-using the Synology NAS with a Kodi 16 or 17 with the same exports settings simply failed to work for some reason. I don't have the Syno NAS here, it's at a different location.
It has been solved by changing the NFS rule on the DS209+ for the media share from 192.168.1.* to *.
For some reason I was able to browse and to start a movie on this share.

Changed the NFS rule back  to 192.168.1.* and it is still working now. 
The strange thing is is that I could not browse the video map on the other NAS DS111 until I changed the NFS rule for the 209+ (?!?!?!?) 

So I do not know why it is working now ......
(2018-01-20, 16:00)Dave1973 Wrote: It has been solved by changing the NFS rule on the DS209+ for the media share from 192.168.1.* to *.

That sounds like there wasn't a fault with the rule itself, just that it hadn't taken - i.e.: NFS needed a reload or something to nudge it alive.

Glad you changed it back to the more restrictive rule - always observe strong security where possible.
(2018-01-20, 16:00)Dave1973 Wrote: It has been solved by changing the NFS rule on the DS209+ for the media share from 192.168.1.* to *.

The strange thing is is that I could not browse the video map on the other NAS DS111 until I changed the NFS rule for the 209+ (?!?!?!?) 

So I do not know why it is working now ......
Sorry to hit a year old thread but..... How did you use a wildcard in the IP address field? When I try to put in 192.168.1.*, I get an error saying "IP Address can not contact a wildcard."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Kodi can't see files on NAS [NFS/SMB] after changing the router1