v18 Kodi hangs when exiting while playing video
When I exit Kodi while a video is playing, Kodi just freezes. Nothing works anymore. I can still go to the Android TV Home screen and do all other things. In order to use Kodi again, I have to force kill it, e.g. via ADB shell command ´am force-stop org.xbmc.kodi´.

I am attaching a log of such an incident [kodi.old.log].

I tested through all recent nightlies and found the first nightly build from 2018-01-13 (8de4d39) to be the first one to break exit. I assume it has to do with this PR as the last line in the log is always that the input device has been removed. Weird thing is that exiting works when no video is playing. Can't see the connection to the input devices. Seems to be some bad timing.

@garbear 
Thanks for the report. I'll be working on Android next week. I'll try to repro this issue.
Yep noticed same issue myself.
Looks like latest nightly fixes the issue, most probably due to this PR.
(2018-01-29, 18:26)CiNcH Wrote: Looks like latest nightly fixes the issue, most probably due to this PR.

Do you use CEC feature of HDMI?
If yes try to stop a video with STOP of the TV remote and then exit Kodi.
In this combination I have Kodi crashes after closing it (Android say application closed unexcited)
Kodi 18: Nvidia Shield TV (main device) and LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 2 and Odroid C2
TV: Panasonic TX-55EZ950E (OLED)
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR509 (HDMI ARC)
AVR is connected via ARC. I therefore use CEC.

Latest nightly fixes both, the crash when exiting Kodi after a Stop, and the hanging Kodi when exiting while playing video.
No, for me also with latest nightly it still crash after exiting.
I don't know why but first exiting is ok but next ones no...
Try more time to repruduce the error.
Kodi 18: Nvidia Shield TV (main device) and LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 2 and Odroid C2
same problem here!

it doesn't matter if pvr stream is playing or any other video from my smb share.
if i exit kodi while playing something, kodi crashes

even when kodi is just loading EPG or scraping movie folders and i exit, it crashes.
if everything is settled and nothing is running, then exit works normal...

i'm on nvidia shield tv pro 2017 and latest kodi 18 nightly
Yes, problem still persist.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi hangs when exiting while playing video1