Solved Can not add new source
I am running the latest Kodi, I have been running it for years as my media server on a pc running windows 10.

I recently added a new hard drive that I have been adding tv shows and movies to and have tried to add it as a source. 

The Wiki guide says to select Videos, then Files, then Add Source. When I select Files all of my various file locations from my hard drives pop up but no Add Source is available. I had one source that wasn't being used anymore so I was able to rename it and point it to my new hard drive, but I need to add another for my TV Shows folder.

Thanks in advance!
Did you previously disable the Show "Add Source" buttons in the Settings/Media/General section in the Kodi GUI?
The hard drive may already be listed under files of it's directly connected and mounted.

If so navigate to the folder on it that you want to add as the source root, then set the content via the context menu.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for the quick responses! The "add source" button wasn't selected in the settings/media/general section. I can't believe I spent 3 hours on it and it was so simple!
Thanks again!
It's default on so you must have disabled it at some point
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Or maybe a different skin with different default settings..?
Anyways, case solved.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can not add new source0